We are on The Great Christmas Light Fight this year!

dmpeaceman

Very excited to finally be able to publicly talk about being on the Great Christmas Light Fight.

Our Automated Christmas Light journey started on this site around 6 years ago. First automated light display was in 2014 - and now here we are. It all moved very quickly.

Very proud and humbled to be able to represent our city Escondido (a suburb of San Diego), and the XLights community! We filmed our segment a year ago today, and it was an unbelievable experience through and through. I am so grateful our family was able to take part. Taniya was an absolute delight, and hung out with us late into the evening. Even when the cameras were off she took a deep and real interest in what we built. She was just a class act - as was the whole production crew.

Would love it if you guys would tune in and cheer us on - our episode airs Dec 17th @ 9PM on ABC.

Last edited:
Now this is one episode I am looking forward to watching!

Congratulations!! I can not wait to see it.

Good to hear!:biggrin: Everything I have seen this season hasn't impressed me at all.

Never miss an episode. I have met two of the past winners at the NW CLAP get together in Washington.

Sure, if the Pirates are wearing Santa hats, why not. Even a fire breathing dragon wearing a Santa hat is acceptable. LOL

Maybe we can put Santa and Rudolph in a Halloween Display? LOL

In the end, whatever someone envisions for their display is fine with me. We are all artists and have different visions of what we want our display to be. Heck, I even know of a Dodge Ball player who thought he was a pirate once. Whatever works for you is fine for me. May not be my taste but it is not my Display.

Sure, if the Pirates are wearing Santa hats, why not. Even a fire breathing dragon wearing a Santa hat is acceptable. LOL

Maybe we can put Santa and Rudolph in a Halloween Display? LOL

In the end, whatever someone envisions for their display is fine with me. We are all artists and have different visions of what we want our display to be. Heck, I even know of a Dodge Ball player who thought he was a pirate once. Whatever works for you is fine for me. May not be my taste but it is not my Display.

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I (acghem, mostly her) put together a linear story about Santa getting knocked from the sky, and our boys (dreaming they are pirates) save Santa, help him find his presents and save Christmas. Our 2018 show elaborates on that story a bit, but it will be a while yet before I can get that one upload.

We like to think of our show as more "theatrical" than "musical"...we weave in lots of voice acting, green screening, hundreds of sound effects & sound bytes.

Last edited:
Holy Smokes! Now I am excited to see the episode.

I have never heard of a Mega Tree that collapses during the show on purpose. We usually struggle to keep the Mega Tree up. LOL

wait what.. a year ago this was filmed?! Holy crap.. bad enough getting one display done.. cannot imagine having to do it a year early =D

Back