Web Hosting Warning

We are VERY tight on our orders.... We would rather reject an order then accept it and loose on the back end plus chargeback fee's

If the phone # area code, billing address, and order from IP aren't close, system will automatically red flag & challenge the order for a "click for customer service to call you NOW to verify your order"

Yeah we do too (and a few other things) but being a bit bigger manny still get though, once you have a few thousand servers and a dozen 10gig uplinks things change:)

Not really there is quite a few, if your fine with a core2 or older. Also if you can handle Linux without support.

http://www.serverpoint.com/en/dedicated-server/value-dedicated-servers.phtml
https://hivelocity.net/dedicated-servers/ (sometimes they have deals)
There is manny more too.

FYI: Hivelociy is in florida and serverpoint is in Las Vegas.

And of course the vps route $20-50 is just fine for most people to get there feet wet.

well... thanks for that !! I was happier under my delusion that I had found a pretty good deal... us sheeple armed with a little information are ofter happier than being 'fully informed'... so... thanks a pant load for your enlightenment.... great.... ;)

I am happy with their support, they really are doing a great job working through the email and DNS issues... after what I have put these guys through, I won't be changing this year... even at half the price. Good support is well worth a few dollars... or more... ;)

Whatever you do, do not purchase from Host Gator despite their awards and other jargon.

Here's why...

In 2010, I had a small VB board, Christmas Carolina, with less than 100 members which 15-20 were active at anytime. I came home one night to learn they had shut the forum down claiming too many resources are being used. I raised hell and pointed them to larger boards with the same type of hosting. They wouldn't budge, so I moved on and cancelled the account. All said and done.

Fast forward to 2013. I had forgotten about that episode when I signed up with them again only to find out my other account was still active but suspended. When I saw all of the trouble I had in 2010, I told them to close the new account and refund the charge. They closed the new account and refunded that amount but applied it to the suspended/over due account which was closed in 2011. Now, we're going back and forth over those charges. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Lesson here, never conduct any type of business transaction with them. I don't recommend Host Gator for anything web related.

The review I've written is based on support tickets exchanged with Host Gator. Nothing is of personal opinion except the recommendation.

Better Business Bureau complaints.

Update.... After raising hell with them, filing disputes with my credit card agency and better business bureau, I finally got all of my money back. It will be the last stinking penny they'll ever get.

I also have small hosting business. I will say this...THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "UNLIMITED"....don't buy the BS! With me, my customers have a phone number to call, where they can reach an ACTUAL person. I offer them personalized help when they need it, most of the time for free.....that's the difference between me and HG

Back