What do your lights do between shows?

havenonick

Hi there again,

My show is ready. Now I am thinking about what my lights should do the rest of the night.

I was thinking of a standard twinkle, shimmer or meteors effect. But somehow they all seem to fast. Any ideas welcome.

I do a "static" light display for a half hour before my show and 1 hour after. The display has most of my props turned on, some with slow changes in color and No Music.

60 minutes before showtime is a slow color morph and the matrices are scrolling Showtime info. For 30 minutes after the show I have a single angel lit in the middle of the yard.

I use Zara Radio station software to play Christmas music on my transmitter whenever my show is not running. My show starts at 5pm, so at 4:58 the radio station shuts down and at 5 my show starts. The show is on continuous repeat until it ends at 11pm. At 11:05 the radio station starts back up and I run my overnight sequence of the show. The overnight sequence is mainly flood lights and house outline at low power. The overnight sequence runs on repeat until 6am the next morning. The radio station plays until showtime the next day. I have enough Christmas music to not repeat the same song by the same artist for almost 3 days. This makes the playlist very long and offers more verity then the local radio stations do. No commercials except for a 45 second PSA about the show every 20 min.

I used Audacity and fused together a big 3:00 sound track of sporadic sound effects. That is the "musical" sequence between sequences. It worked so well for Halloween, that I borrowed it for Christmas, too. And then I can dial up the volume without annoying the neighbors, because they're sporadic, ambient sounds, and not the same song OVER and OVER again.... FPP gives a way that you can incorporate auto volume adjustment into your schedule.

Back