What is the best way to model this in Vixen?

kdoyon

What is the best way to model this in Vixen?

I recently added pixels to the four columns on my house. The pixels are physically connected together as one strand in a matrix like fashion alternating up and down. (Each column has 15 pixels going down and 15 pixels coming back up before connecting to the next column.

What are my options on adding these to Vixen? Pros and cons of each option?

Attachments

• 406461888_10224410730043535_2197322417480445357_n.jpg
    406461888_10224410730043535_2197322417480445357_n.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 55
for my columns, i just draw a line. I only have one strand for now. you would have two, one up and another down.

Personally I'd use the custom prop editor then you can insert multiple on your preview(s) once created. You can select 'reverse patching order' when connecting if they addressed bottom to top rather than top to bottom say. Maybe yours aren't addressable but you can still use custom pros for those.

Can it be modeled as a spiral tree with the same diameter on top as on the bottom? With one string? I don't use Vixen anymore but it may be an option.

Are they wrapped as shown in the picture, or are they straight vertical lines? IF they are the straight vertical lines, then I would just model them as a pixel grid (Matrix) if you have more than one column of them per pole. You can use one matrix per pole.

Are they wrapped as shown in the picture, or are they straight vertical lines? IF they are the straight vertical lines, then I would just model them as a pixel grid (Matrix) if you have more than one column of them per pole. You can use one matrix per pole.

The pixels are the vertical strands in the black Chromatrim. What you see wrapped are just regular old Christmas lights.

I was wondering if it was possible to make the pixels all one matrix with two vertical strands per pole and a gap between the poles. Is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pixels are the vertical strands in the black Chromatrim. What you see wrapped are just regular old Christmas lights.

I was wondering if it was possible to make the pixels all one matrix with two vertical strands per pole and a gap between the poles. Is that possible?

When you spread the pixel grid, the vertical segments will be evenly spaced, so that will not be ideal. I would just create a pixel grid / matrix of 2 columns for each pole and that will give you what you need.

When you spread the pixel grid, the vertical segments will be evenly spaced, so that will not be ideal. I would just create a pixel grid / matrix of 2 columns for each pole and that will give you what you need.

Thanks! This ended up being the way I went. Worked great.

Back