When saving and closing preview it will not exit out of preview.

navyav8tr

I am sure this is something I am doing wrong. I go into Preview, work on what I need to, and then save it. The only way for me to close the preview box as well as group the box that enables you to create arches, mega trees, etc, is to go in and completely shutdown HLS. From what I remember, after you close this out Preview it enables you to go back to the main work area. Thoughts?

There is a little RED X in the upper right corner of the Preview Toolbar.

Click it to close the Preview Editor down.

Joe

Yes sir that is what I have been doing. I click the RED X and it asks me if I am sure I would like to quit. Although I hit YES the Preview Toolbar still remains up. Would you recommend re installing the latest version of HLS?

After it asks if you really want to quit -- it asks if you would like to save ... if changes were made.

I suspect that the SAVE dialog might be under a window or something ... if you can't see the dialog and respond -- Windows will sit there forever.

Let me know.

Joe

The dialogue box asked me if I want to save does show and I am able to save it but the Preview and Preview Toolbar still remain "active" on the screen. I believe Helanaguy just posted something just like what I experienced yesterday and now am experiencing with the Preview Toolbar.

I have now tried to delete the previews and start from scratch. Even that causes the program to "hang" and will not close preview or close program normally. When I reopen, I must rebuild the effects database. And when I try closing the new preview, it hangs again. Something happened that corrupted the link to the preview.

Ben

Same here. The preview objects remain in place and will save but the only way for me to get back to edit channels in the sequence is to close HLS and reopen it.

I reinstalled update 20G and it no longer hangs when I close the preview. I can add to my new preview and save it and close normally. I then reinstalled the 20p version and it hangs again when I try to close it. In both versions, my main preview that was being used for this season comes up with a "this doesn't appear to be an HLS preview file". But at least with 20G, I can make a new one. Haven't seen if it actually works yet :)

Ben

See my reply to Helanaguy's post.

There are Preview Backups --- make sure you use them --- no need to recreate.

Zip up your sequence so I can see.

Need HLS file, song.PCM, and you Library folder.

Joe

Check a crash report and it lead me to a debug strategy.

I was able to duplicate the issue .... so after an hour I found root-cause and fixed it.

User Version 20Q.

Joe

There are Preview Backups --- make sure you use them --- no need to recreate.

Joe

I'm not sure if I'm reading that right. Is their automatic backups saved of preview, so use those and you don't have to recreate. Or are you saying that I SHOULD be backing them up, so I don't have to recreate them if something like this happens? I don't see any backups anywhere, so I'm guessing the latter.

Either way, thanks Joe for your continued help and support of this software!! We do appreciate you!!

Ben

Every time you SAVE in Preview, I save the OLD Preview by appending a datacode number and OLD to the end of the file.

That way -- should you have a really big issue --- move back to an earlier saved Preview and continue from there.

I have not put a wizards in HLS to do that so I expect you know how to navigate Window folders and rename files.

Go into MyComuter and look inside the Library folder --- see what's there.

THIS Preview issue was mine - so there is no need to do anything but load 20Q.

Hope that helps.

Joe

Got it!!! Thank you Joe. I found version saved only a few minutes earlier and it works perfectly now! Thanks again for your help!!

Ben

Back