where do you acquire your butt splices and male female spade connectors etc?

Livermore-Dad

I've been buying from Ebay, where I think the prices are okay, but then I think they must be making some money off the 10-200 qty numbers, so can I go direct somewhere and buy 500-1000 of these things? I don't like the hard plastic ones, I prefer the nicer nylon ones, mostly in the 18 gauge (so pink (red is generally the plastic)).

Any idea?

Tory

I buy most of my planned electrical purchases from here: http://www.elecdirect.com/default.aspx

My "must have it now because I broke something" purchases are usually at Home Depot/Lowes and I'll only buy tyco brand from them (occasionally they stock other brands and most of the time they're uncrimpable garbage)

You're welcome.

While the pricing may appear to be only marginally better, their spades/splices/butt connectors aren't the brittle-in-the-winter Chinese kind. Exposed 120V on your lawn isn't good.

I always use TnB (Thomas & Betts) Sta-Kons. Pink butt splices are 2RA18X
2 = Butt splice
RA18 = Vinyl, brazed seam, #22 to 18 wire size, (18RA is nylon with overlapped seam, note reversed #s & letters)
X = is expanded insulation at the wire entry.

The brazed seam is a higher quality part. The seam refers to the joint when the metal is rolled to form the cylinder where the butt splice is crimped.

Go into almost any electrical wholesaler and ask, they come in packs of 50, 100, 500 & 1000. TnB also has the best line of wire ties, Ty-Wrap.

I typically get mine at parts express.com. But believe it or not amazon has been very competitive lately on these

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back