Where to get A Firegod

jem5136

Hi,

I was wondering how if get a Firegod, or at lease when the next coop for the Firegod pcb, bom, and ssr will be? I may be getting two of these.

Thanks,
Jesse

Contact FireGod directly via PM. It's a proprietary system and the system is only available through him personally.

That would be great, parents said I could get one controller for halloween, and technically, this is ONE controller.

But I do have a few questions:
1.) What kind of SSR's will I need, how much do they cost, where can I get them, and how many do I need?
2.) What type of enclosures can I get for a Firegod?
3.) Can I run two of these (for future reference) thru a USB?

Im kinda new to the FireGod, so I don't know much about them.

Thanks,
Jesse

I just checked the site, and it seems like a really good price, I calculated that each channel is just under $2. I think I am just going to get 12 SSRez's for now, I may use then for Halloween.

And something I just thought of, Cat5 cable, does anyone know where I can get some of it really cheap?

Thanks,
Jesse

But I do have a few questions:
1.) What kind of SSR's will I need, how much do they cost, where can I get them, and how many do I need?

Jesse - any of the SSR's available here, will work - the SSROz, SSREZ, or SSRNeon. The EZ's are currently the possible "favorites", and the Oz are time-tested. The SSRNeon has become somewhat of a "brew your own", as it lends itself well to home-etching. They all will fit in an TA-200 enclosure, but they will fit in lot's of other enclosures, also. I have used the TA-200 for individuals, and put 4 -6 in CG-1000 boxes.

2.) What type of enclosures can I get for a Firegod?

I ran two systems in 2009, for 256 channels. I have the controllers just mounted to a board, inside the house, with Cat5 running out to the Field Modules. I have two FM's in a CG-1000, by stacking them two-tall, with standoffs in between. So I have 4 CG-1000 boxes, which hold all eight of my FM's. I can take pics, if you need them, but they are self-explanatory, I think. There's plenty of room, for all 16 Cat5 cables running to the SSR's. I did make a backing plate for the FM's, so I could screw them into the CG-1000's.

3.) Can I run two of these (for future reference) thru a USB?

Can't answer this one - I have an old 1.3 GHz XP desktop server, that's dedicated to running the show, that has 4 serial ports. Worked flawlessly this last year. I got it for free on freecycle.com, but they are readily available for nothing, or next to nothing, as they are dinosaurs for anything except our uses.

And something I just thought of, Cat5 cable, does anyone know where I can get some of it really cheap?

I kept checking ebay. You can use Cat3 and up, from experience. I found boxes of 800 to 1000 feet, from $15 to $35. If you aren't particular, it can be found. I even paid $5.00 for a box with probably 600 feet, at a yard sale. Just keep your eyes open. Time is still on your side...

Hope this helps.

R

I think I'm getting the itch for another round of boards as well. I'd just need one or two interfaces and 4 field modules (and at least 32 SSRoz/ez boards).

So if anyone else would like to try to rally up for next season, let's see what we can do.

In a month or so, Cris and I will most likely discuss the next round. I am sure we can keep everyone posted.

I think I'm getting the itch for another round of boards as well. I'd just need one or two interfaces and 4 field modules (and at least 32 SSRoz/ez boards).

So if anyone else would like to try to rally up for next season, let's see what we can do.

I'm up for at least 1 complete set. Right now I am running Renard and Lynx, but I really want to play around with the Firegod.

As am I - never hurts to have more channels!!

lmao.gif

Back