Where you learned this?

JFTiger

I look at this forum and see that RJ invented the Grinch, we have the Olsen 595 and so many other boards. I've got to ask where you learned this.

For me I've been interested in electronics since I was a kid. Electronics remains my hobby in adulthood; I'm constantly learning and building projects. Like any other hobby I had to crawl before I could walk, that meant lots of reading. However devices like the basic stamp have really helped the hobby. A basic stamp manual teaches everything from basic electronics to the inner workings and programming of a microcontroller all in one book. Advances in technology have made learning electronics much easier. :wink:

My background is electrical and PLC. I learned it back in 96 as part of my degree. I've just always had trouble taking my idea from theory to pratical. Maybe now that I've got this idea going, maybe I can get over that learning curve.

I had two years of digital electronics in community college when I was in high school through a program which allowed students who had completed their high school requirements to take college courses. I went into computer science as a career and had my hand in electronics in one way or another from then on. The stuff we use on lighting can be learned from the internet and playing around.

RJ

From what I know of the history:

Peter Olsen (Sydney, Australia) designed the Olsen 595 about 4 years ago.

Macrosill (Brian) designed the PCB that the COOP board is based on. Many other have made verisons of the board using Peter's design.

RJ designed the GRINCH board in March 2007, I designed the matching PCB. Wayne also has a design. Both have been run as sucessful COOPs.

Phil Designed the first of the RENARDs, (REN8, REN64 and RENC). The RENARD was first fielded in 2006, and is becoming mainstream in 2007.

Xmus designed the REN16. First boards were COOPed in 2007.

Frank K designed the REN24. Proto boards were sighted in Jul 2007. COOP just kicking off.

Ernie Horning designed his dimming board in 2006

Sean Bowf design his SSR board in 2007.

Scot and wjohn did the DC SSR board in 2007.

RJ designed the LEDTRIKs in 2007.

I am sure there are more, those were what I could remember.

John.

I'm just a big sponge that moves in close to the smart people and absorbs everything that trys to slip by me :twisted:
Jeff

Back