Window frames

dchackert

I've made window frames out of PVC for all my windows but am struggling with this window. I use J channel to hang it but unless I can figure out a way to connect that angle up top I'm lost. I need some form of a bendable connector. Thoughts?
d496e3c1571ea5bf00f22e7e8146ecf3.jpg
e2bea2647bb876a4fe73af835d11c5d5.jpg
0293ebbf9eb603450cf1a73ccf4d9a18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe gentle application of a ton of heat and bend it? It doesn't need to pass wires internally. Actually with the 90 on there, you only need a small bend so easy peasy.

Insert the pipe into the 90 elbow and using a heat gun, heat the PVC and bend it to the desired angle. Of course I think I would start at the left side, doing the same thing, as it is a greater angle, then as you bend the pipe down from the right you can connected it into the left side to hold the angle.

Duct tape and paint it white, or use athletic tape. People are looking at the lights, not how perfect your frames are. They do have some bendy pvc connectors, but I don’t know if they can bend like you need.

Just flatten the ends of the 2 pieces of PVC pipe and screw them together for the one on the left side.

heat up sand in the oven, cap one end of the pvc and fill the pvc with the heated sand. Give it a few minutes and the pvc will bend any way you want.

Just curious, you said you were using J-channel to hang them, have you considered using the J-channel to hold the pixels instead? I think it would be easier to cut to shape and you might be able to use Velcro strips to hold them in place since that looks like it might be hard to get in there properly with a drill.

without seeing the rest of the windows, the other frames look square. Would it look uniform to leave the top triangle out?

I was thinking the same thing. Even from a sequencing point of view it would look more uniform having them all the same shape.

Thanks for all the ideas. I dont do any sequencing I'm just throwing on my white 18 function lights 150 count. I need to the top to just hold the J channel. Which supports the rest. I do plan on just doing the rectangular of the window since there wont be a good way other than using more lights to wrap them properly to all flash the right way.

I had someone tell me they use clear flexible tubing a size smaller than the PVC to insert in the connection and the pipe. They screw it on both ends then use white duct tape for added hold.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You could bend it like others stated but I would bend the angles and then use couplings, no 90's except the one 90 corner.

zipties
cut the round shape out of the vertical piece and rest the angled piece on it
I don't have a bookmark, but one of the halloween sites listed a place to get custom pvc pieces made
3D printer

Back