Windows 10_64-bit issue?

Santacarl

Hey all,

My old Windows 7 (32-bit) machine finally 'flamed out'..... Last week I got a new 64-bit Windows 10 (yeah I know Rich.... :biggrin2:). I've been happy with the increased speed of my HLS saves and preview loads etc so far.....However I have gotten the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death" twice when exiting HLS. When the computer reboots the sequence is corrupted. One time HLS was able to rebuild....the other time the "Header" information was corrupted and HLS didn't even try to fix it....guess it couldn't access it. I was able to go back and resurrect one of the .hls1 files that I saved shortly before the crash....

I save....and that's fine but when I (X) out to shut HLS down I've gotten the blue crud crash...... Both times when I hit the (X). It doesn't do this on any other programs. It also doesn't do this every time I exit HLS.....probably 1 out of 20 times so far.....

The error message says "Stop code: Driver IRQL_not_less_or_equal" "What failed: RfeCo10x64.sys"

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Rich....you can skip the Windows 10 I told you so's....haha...... :shy:

Last edited:
That appears to be part of "killer driver suite" - a wireless driver? Do you have a killer wireless adapter in your computer? Are you running the latest wireless drivers? You may have to search for them instead of using windows update.

Thanks for the reply Mike.... Well it's a Dell and has the KillerControl Center so I suppose it's the "killer driver suite" you're referring to..... But the wireless turned off (actually never set up the wireless) as I'm connected via Cat 5 directly to the modem. The KillerContol Center which seems to show all the running apps doesn't show HLS at all.....

As to latest drivers Dell uses SupportAssist to keep check on all currency of all the drivers....all are up to date per this SupportAssist thingy..... Guess I could do a manual check....but if wireless isn't set up would the driver even matter?

I hate setting up new 'puters'.....it's always some thing or other that doesn't act nice. I've already had issues with some older software Flight Simulator X for example....won't even load........ Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well....Like I think I said before...I thought about going Linux....but just didn't have enough faith in my ability to navigate it to pull the trigger.... :wacko:

Hls is running fine on the latest and greatest D~Wave Carl ! Last talk I had thought you were moving to Quantum . lmao

Dell is quite proprietary and can be challenging to get setup . It may take you awhile to get drivers and such addressed .

Just google your queries and find solutions through others postings . Maybe start with Dell's forum .

Once you have it configured to your liking , use Macrium or alike to create an image .

Thanks for the thought Rich..... I was thinking about the image already.....just haven't gotten around to picking up a new memory stick.....but now that you mention it...it might be a little too early to capture the image......

Yeah saw this problem before....
Uninstall the Killer Control Center software and update the latest drivers only from their site.
Had this on one of my other PC's and swore I would never get a MB with Killer NIC onboard. Their software is crap.....

Yeah saw this problem before....
Uninstall the Killer Control Center software and update the latest drivers only from their site.
Had this on one of my other PC's and swore I would never get a MB with Killer NIC onboard. Their software is crap.....

Thanks Phil..... I'm not up to speed on the latest and greatest so don't know any better than to end up with "Crap"....Haha....

But I did uninstall Killer Control Center or at least tried to....it said not all of it could be removed....but after the uninstall Killer Control Center WAS gone..... I downloaded from their site and reinstalled and definitely have the latest driver for networks......

We shall see, I suppose, over time if this fixes the problem or not.....

Thanks for the suggestion and help..... I probably would't have uninstalled and reinistalled without some nudging from folks more knowledgeable than me.....

Carl

Here is a good read on the Killer software .

There are pros and cons to almost every windows related application .

My take away from this read is do away with Killer software and uninstall the device .
Reboot the machine and install a generic driver for the device from Microsoft .
This application appears to prove that less is more , meaning you are definitely better off without having it installed .

Carl

Here is a good read on the Killer software .

There are pros and cons to almost every windows related application .

My take away from this read is do away with Killer software and uninstall the device .
Reboot the machine and install a generic driver for the device from Microsoft .
This application appears to prove that less is more , meaning you are definitely better off without having it installed .

Thanks Rich..... My problem with doing this stuff is that I don't know what I don't know! Haha..... A generic driver picked by me (insert ignorance of what I don't know to draw an educated pick from) is a sure "Warning Will Robinson....DANGER DANGER" move.....

Anything network related is a mystery to me..... I really struggle with the architecture...... It's a wonder I ever got pixels to run off a network! :wink2:

Back