wjohn

MEMPHIS7291

Has anyone heard from wjohn?
I ordered some stuff over 2 months ago... and i havent heard from him.
Just getting worried.
Thanks

Customs seem to be slow on some stuff. I ordered some boards from him and they took over two months to come in IIRC.

Hi Memphis,

Hi do have the same problem as you I did send him money via paypal in Jan, and few email since jan, and John never answer back is anyone heard about him or know how to contact him.

Thanks

I messaged John and here is the reply he gave me yesterday evening:

"Thanks, I'll check. I mailed boards two weeks ago to some, but I need to get the jeep finished for our memorial day parade. Apr 25. It could be my fathers last so trying to make it special. Worked till 1 am on it last night. I will take an hour out today when I get home and check what is outstanding"

He is obviously busy, but was going to take time to double check on orders. I will leave it up to him and you guys at this point. He has always made right by me, and I'm sure he will for you.

HTH
Bruce

Thanks for your help Bruce, let whait few more weeks anyway Chrismast is only on 8 months. If you care can I send PM if I don't have news withing a month or so you look to have a direct line with him.

Thanks again.

Jean Francois

Along these same lines... I asked about DCSSR boards with no answer.

Is wjohn the only source for these boards?

Along these same lines... I asked about DCSSR boards with no answer.

Is wjohn the only source for these boards?

Well - I used LabRat's layout for my DCSSRs - the files are in the Library - they are based on the v1.0 version of wjohn's board. I etched all mine myself but perhaps *someone* who's done boards before (cough, cough) could get some made up if there's interest...

I am alive, and sent orders out three weeks ago. though I have not been over on DIYC for awhile.

Here is the background story, follow along please.

May 18, 2008; I purchased a 1944 WW2 jeep.

To say that it was a basket case was an understatement. The body tub was in a Chook shed (chicken coop) and the chassis was in another shed.

Here you can see the Tub on top of another vehicle. We had to dig it out to take it home.

new%2001.jpg

Here is the chassis and engine, the day I brought it home. My wife was, unimpressed.

new%2022.jpg

Jump forward to Xmas 2010. I spoke to my Mum and she let me know that my Dad would like to take a ride in the jeep on ANZAC Day (Memorial day - for us Apr 25).

My Dad is 88, and served in WW2 with the RAAF. Here he is with some mates in New Guinea in 1944. My dad is second from the right.

Dad%20in%20NG%201944.jpg

At 88, he has survived 5 strokes, and is not a well man. The likelihood of getting to 89 is not good.

At that point I had completed the chassis and engine, etc. But the body was a basket case still. I did not think I could suggest waiting until 2011, and giving me an extra year.

Chassis%2002.jpg

All stops were pulled out, and the bank raided.

A friend recommended a body guy to help out. He has rebuilt the body and handed it back to me in Feb 2011.

Here is a progress photo in Late Jan 2011.

newbody%20015.jpg

Well, the tub was returned to me, but in bare metal. I had the job to get it finished and ready in just over two months.

Early March it looked like this. a couple coats of paint and the fuel line and main harness were fitted.

underside.jpg

Now it is April, and I have 11 days to go.

I have put in 2 1/2 days each weekend and a lot of week nights over the last two months. a LOT of friends have come over to help, or take parts away to prepare them for final assembly.

Jeep%20front%20Qtr.jpg

Each and every part have been cleaned, treated, painted and installed as per 1944. Fabric covered wire, cad plated hardware, and many original parts. Frank has been postbox for many of the parts that have come from the states.

engine%20bay%20right.jpg

I have two major tasks to complete. Paint and fit the windshield and fit the new hood.

in 11 days it needs to be finished, yet it may all be moot.

My Dad's health is getting worse and at this time he is unable to take the flight from Brisbane to Melbourne (2 hours). We are still hopeful, but I am not sure the next 11 days will change much.

ANZAC day is still on, and I'll be there to provide a First Class ride to the WW2 Vets.

So, In summary.

I am alive, but out in the garage. I'll be finished by Apr 25, or else. If my Dad cant take a first class ride in a 1944 jeep this year, I will still be proud to provide carriage to many other WW2 vets this ANZAC day.

If you are in Melbourne, please come out for a look and a wave Monday week.

You might see this guy driving a jeep in the parade, instead of riding in the back.

John%20in%20a%20jeep.jpg

We have the Mini on in Melbourne during June (4/5?), the jeep will be there on display and for fun rides. No blinky for the jeep!

Thanks for all your support.

Comon John, what about fading headlights and indicators that are syncronised to the horn

Cheers Ken

Anzac-3a.jpeg

Here is a picture of Mimi, on the road for ANZAC day. I was still finishing jobs at 5 am, and rolled out of the garage at 6 am for the parade and March.

Dad was not well enough to travel, so I was allocated a trio of WW2 soldiers who saw service in the Pacific. Meet Harry, Larry, and Max.

The jeep will be at the Mini in Melbourne, make sure to bring a jacket, as it will be cold on the fun runs at that time of the year.

Good to see the 'ol girl made it out for the show - I'm sure your hard work was very much appreciated by the three vets!

Back