wS 2811 through hole pixels for beat-track play back

angus40

Supporting Member
I wanted to have a simple-easy playback method rather than a the display preview on the computer .

These through-hole pixels combined with an Esp module provided that ahh so simple method .

Well I have hit another Ws 28** debbie downer . :)

I can power 100 sk 6812 from the usb on the PC and individually chat with each and without issue .

After connecting up a mere 5 of these through hole Ws 2811 , I have hit the limit .
Adding a 6th produces a white pixel that will not chat .
In summary these Ws pixels are power goblins and produce a buzzkill to being a simple multi beat-track solution .

On another note , this forces my hand at connecting multiple strings of sk 6812 to a single data source and prove or disprove its reliability .
The way these Sk are designed/assembled , makes easy work for them to be through hole as well .

Well I have hit another Ws 28** debbie downer . :)

I can power 100 sk 6812 from the usb on the PC and individually chat with each and without issue .

After connecting up a mere 5 of these through hole Ws 2811 , I have hit the limit .
Adding a 6th produces a white pixel that will not chat .
In summary these Ws pixels are power goblins and produce a buzzkill to being a simple multi beat-track solution .

On another note , this forces my hand at connecting multiple strings of sk 6812 to a single data source and prove or disprove its reliability .
The way these Sk are designed/assembled , makes easy work for them to be through hole as well .

Some times you need to kick yourself ! . This was a boob error on my part in just assuming things to be a given .

Of course I checked the pixel count setting in the EspixelStick GUI first .....................right .

Why are the answers always in the last place you look ?

It appears that Camtasia is unable to capture 25 msec effects . I tried every setting to no avail .
So I captured with my phone and synced re synced to audio .

. Any suggestions on a screen capture that will work ?

Last edited:
Back