XLights FPP Connect Fail

ARL120384

I'm trying to export a sequence using FPP connect in Xlights and I keep get the spinning wheel of death and have to force quit the program. I'm just trying to get a simple 90 second sequence to my F16v4 to test have something out there for Halloween.

I'm using just the Falcon v4 with no pi and running Xlights on a mac.

Thanks

Is the controller online according to xlights? Can you ping it?

Excellent question. I may need some talking through on this one. On the controller details it states active and there is a green dot in the lower right. What else should I be looking for to ensure it is active?

I am plugging along with YouTube and the forums to figure out what the heck I’m doing, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I jacked something up.

Last edited:
I do have a 64GB SD card in it and I formatted it prior to installing. I didn't see an option to format it through the UI, but I'll check again.

I just double checked everything, setup the visualizer, had a successful upload to output, but I still cant get FPP connect to work. It just processes endlessly without any fault messages. I also can't get the lights to test through Xlights. They have all been tested through the Falcon so I'm not worried about that.

Update, the xlights zoom geniuses were able to fix my problem.

Last edited:
I was, those guys are super knowledgeable. A combination of configurations with the controller itself and changing from E131 to DPP, v2 uncompressed, and then some output settings and then changing my show directories folder location.

In short. I have no idea, but it worked :biggrin2:

They also highly recommended adding a pi instead of running everything off of the falcon.

Back