Xlights, Matrix, and odd output

opopanax

I thought I posted this last night but I can't find my post anywhere - so if this is a duplicate - my apologies.

I have a 24x50 (24 rows 50 nodes wide) matrix. This is my first one and for the most part of I have 100 node strings so 2 rows per channel - except I have 1 row of 50 near the top because I screwed up my count.

I'm using a hinkspix pro controller and xlights for sequencing. I set individual start channels for each string since I screwed up with that 50 node string. I have the matrix model set as Horizontal, 24 strings, 50 nodes/string, and set 2 for Strands/string (since most are 100 nodes 1 down and 1 back), my start location is the top right.

When I look at the model/house preview in the sequence - everything looks great. I've tested with a few patterns, Text for Merry Christmas, and some faces.

For "Merry" and "Christmas" I'm using Arial Narrow Bold 9 pt. Merry is static and Christmas is moving to the left.

Preview looks... okay. Text is a bit tough to make out so I went outside to see what it actually looked like and it was no where near like the preview. Merry was simply unreadable and Christmas appears to be coming in from the left AND the right as separate items.

When I tested the face, I see a single face centered on the matrix in the preview. When I look at the matrix outside, I get 2 faces as if my matrix was split in half.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it could be. If I had everything off by a row, I would blame that solo 50 node string in the mix and my bad channel coding. But that's not what I'm seeing.

Any suggestions? -- Also assuming I get the output fix any suggestions to make the text actually readable would be nice too :)

My text in matrix is doing the exact thing. Its like the text is mirrored.
I have a 50 pixel long by 21 tall using a kulp controller and xlights on imac.

Following closely to get solve the mystery.

This fixed mine!!! I had my matrix set wrong in xlights. Originally I had it set up 21 strings, 50 nodes and 1 strand.
Changed it to 1 string, 1050 nodes and 21 strands... BOOM!!! that did it!

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 1.46.15 PM.jpg

My issue was the single strand of 50 in the 7th row. Xlights didn't have a way to handle zig zagging 100 node strand and then not zigzagging for 50 nodes, and zig zag again. Instead of ripping all the nodes and resetting (sigh) I simply skipped that row when plugging in the lights and the matrix works - albiet with an annoying dark line near the top

Back