Xlights no longer works properly after updating

jssr

Hello, I have just updated xlights and now xlights starts but as soon as I want to do a new show or load xlights crashes. Nothing was changed on the PC. Have the system requirements increased so much that my PC no longer meets these requirements?
Maybe, you have an idea.

I hope the Google translation is readable. Additionally in German:
Hallo, ich habe gerade xlights auf den aktuellen Stand gebracht und nun Startet zwar xlights aber sobald ich eine neue eine Show machen m?chte oder eine Lade st?rzt xlights ab. Am PC wurde nichts ver?ndert. Sind die Systemanforderungen so gestiegen das mein PC diese Anforderungen nicht mehr erf?llt.
Vielleicht habt Ihr eine Idee.

Which version are you running? 2023.14 works well. I see there is a .15, is that the one you are referring to?

Hello rstehle
I just downloaded and installed 2023.14. Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Hello MikeKrebs

This is the system data from my PC. Not the fastest PC, but until last year it handled its job with xlights.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 660 @ 3.33GHz 3.47 GHz
8,00 GB (7,80 GB verwendbar)
64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
Windows 10 Pro

I tried several versions. None works anymore. As soon as I want to start a new sequence or load it, xlights closes completely

The problem only occurs when I actually want a new sequence or a load. I can make all other settings in the menu bar or for the controller settings. Here xlights does not close. Now I suspect the graphics card is on the mainboard as a chip. It is an Intel HD Graphics Core i5, Drive Version: 8.15.10.2900. The graphics card i5 definitely no longer the best and could be responsible for the shutdown?
Thank you for your help.

I run on a similar pc with a little better graphics and it is fine. I think yours should be fine as well but it very well could be a driver problem.

It sounds like something is corrupt.

Try installing into a new directory and use a new show directory. Do not copy any of the existing profiles or data over. Create some models and then create a new animation sequence. Still working? Then we know xLights will run on your PC without problems.

If it breaks, then maybe a driver issue. There are problems with older versions of OpenGL that are really hard to fix without upgrading the graphics card.

You could also try installing an older version from last year and see if that lets you work through things. It might be you just can't run the current versions.

Older version 2022.21 actually runs on my PC. When I start a new sequence there is only a warning without text but with a yellow triangle. Otherwise it looks like it works with the version. I also made a new directory and show directory.
If it's a driver problem, then I can't install a new driver because the last driver was released in 2013. I'll try an older version from 2022 and if it works, I'll assume that the graphics card is the problem.

Back