Not All Controllers Work

MichiganLights

When I run the show via the scheduler one controller works the other does not. When I open the sequence editor and run the sequence from there, both controllers work!

I'm setup for

1 - E1.31 -> ESPixelstick - > Renard -> Multicast Ethernet (10.0.3.101), Universe 1 start 1 (this controller always works)
2 - E1.31 -> ESPixelstick - > WS2811 -> Multicast Ethernet (10.0.3.103), Universe 2 start 1

Does the I/O count in each universe have to match the physical count?

Should I use unicast? All my devices are static I/P.

Why will the sequences run from the editor but not the scheduler?

A multicast interface doesn't use the ip address of the controller. That's not how multicast works. Do you have more than one ethernet adapter on your PC? Usually you want all of the controllers to use the same multicast interface.

The output count in each universe doesn't technically have to match, but if it doesn't, you can get unexpected behavior. You should make them match. You shouldn't have less outputs than you have channels defined in the universe config.

The sequence editor is a bit more tolerant of errors than the scheduler is. The editor has the ability to give you error messages, the scheduler has no UI, so it has nowhere to pop up any error messages. So it just supresses them.

If you just have a few universes, it really doesn't matter whether you use unicast or multicast. If you have a lot of multicast, and you're running an unmanaged network, then it could flood the network and cause other headaches.

On the show PC I use the wifi to connect to my home network (10.0.0.XXX). I connect to it via remote desktop to monitor or make edits.

On the Ethernet port I'm connected to a Edge Router x that connects to the AP radio (10.0.3.XXX). These are all static I/P. The ESPixelsticks are all 10.0.3.XXX static I/P also.

You can post the logs and we can see if there is some error in the scheduled show, but usually that will prevent it from outputting at all. It is very odd that one controller works and the other does not in the schedule if it outputs in the editor.

You can post the logs and we can see if there is some error in the scheduled show, but usually that will prevent it from outputting at all. It is very odd that one controller works and the other does not in the schedule if it outputs in the editor.
I grabbed these two logs from today.

I'm going to repatch controller two, I have suspicion I did something wrong there.

Attachments

• Application.Info.zip
    691 bytes · Views: 3
  • Scheduler.Info.zip
    583 bytes · Views: 4
The re-patch of the second controller didn't help.

So I pulled these logs from the 27th. They caught my attention because one was labelled "fatal".

I've just been copying the previous years' profile to a new year and reusing it. Could my issue actually be a carry over or legacy issue in the first controller?

Attachments

• Nov 27 Logs.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 3
Is it possible to turn off the wifi on the pc and leave just the wired port and see if that changes anything?

Can you open a bug ticket and upload the profile to it. I can then see if there is anything in the config that is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back