Projector Control

ddd

I downloaded a program called Epson serial projector control utility program from the "Download.cnet.com" site http://download.cnet.com/Epson-Projector-Serial-Control-Utility/3000-2084_4-76075173.html written by Eric Hill called "epsoncmd.exe". Has anyone else tried this program? When executed it is supposed to OPEN a Dos window with information for the program. When I try to OPEN the program the Dos window OPENS & then closes right away. You can see that there is text in the window but it does not stay OPEN long enough to read anything in it. Has anyone else tried this .exe program & did it work properly for them or did it do the same thing? YES I am using Windows XP!! ddd

You need to open a DOS windows (Run => CMD) and then enter the epsoncmd.exe. It is a DOS program so that is why it opens the DOS window and then closes when the command is done.

I tried RUN command then typed CMD epsoncmd.exe & it brings up a Dos window with a blinking cursor but nothing else. I also tried the same using the => CMD & it brings up a Dos window but nothing else. If i type the epsoncmd.exe into the Dos window it returns "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. The epsoncmd.exe is on my Desktop: does it need to be somewhere else? ddd

You will need to navigate to you desktop in the command prompt. something like:
cd C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\Desktop

then try the command. You could also try 'epsoncmd /?' to see if there is built-in help.

You will need to navigate to you desktop in the command prompt. something like:
cd C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\Desktop

then try the command. You could also try 'epsoncmd /?' to see if there is built-in help.

Tried both things & I keep getting "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" OR "The system cannot find the path specified". ddd

As zraith said above, you need to navigate the command prompt to your Desktop folder. Or even easier, move the epsoncmd.exe file to whatever path is listed in the cmd prompt window. (For example, your cursor is next to a path like C:\ or C:\Documents and Settings\).

If you would rather leave it on your desktop, use the change directory (cd) command to navigate to your desktop. Usually a command prompt will open in your user folder (it would say "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName>") You would type "cd Desktop" to go to your desktop and then try running the epson file.

Oh jeez-I just thought of something. Open the command prompt. Then drag the epson file into the command prompt. Hit Enter.

Oh jeez-I just thought of something. Open the command prompt. Then drag the epson file into the command prompt. Hit Enter.

I tried that also & it gave me the error "no internal or external program located". I did get it WORKING; (WHOOPEEE!!) by putting the epsoncmd.exe file into the Windows System 32 folder & then bringing up the "Command Prompt"; changed the Directory to C:\typed (space "epsoncmd.exe) then hit enter & it popped up with NO problems & works as it should. Also you need to have "Net Framework ver.4.0.30319" installed for it to work!! The directions on how to use the program as well as the settings for the serial port are displayed & the name of the file from Epson needed for the commands to control the projector. This program will only work in Windows XP supposedly. Hope this info. helps anyone else that wants to use this FREE program. My THANKS go out to all who responded with ideas to try. ddd Bud

Back