SMS Messaging Application - Send SMS's to your Display

Re: Vixen Messaging Application - Email/SMS a message to your Matrix/Megatree

Gnarmstr - has the "Days till Christmas" or any day Countdown working.
Also multiple text lines works. You will have to play with the font size and line position to make it fit your matrix.

Thanks for you work.

That was an interesting way of doing it. Guess you will not be using random. It's got me thinking though as I just have the text scrolling right to left.

I think I can improve on this and may separate the countdown from the local list and have it in its own spot with options. Will also leave it in the local messages as you already have a choice to use it or not.

Cheers.

Last edited:

I have updated the app again with a Seperate countdown option section, this includes 4 lines of text and you can enter the word Countdown in any of them to display the number of days. You can still add the Countdown to the local messages.

Also you don't have to use count down and you can just use the 4 lines as a Seperate message feature and it has its own direction and text position settings. When enabled it is included in the sequential/random selection with the local messages.

Added ability to add unlimited Custom messages that can use the entire 4 lines of text and each Custom message can have its own Font, Text Position, Text Direction and sequence time. Can add COUNTDOWN to any message to display number of days until the selected date.

See original post for links.

Last edited:

New updates to Vixen Messaging 3.1.17, see first post:

- Added ability to create multiple Group Node ID's (multiple Matrix's and Grids)
- Can Assign a different Matrix to each custom message (great if you have a megatree and multiple Matrix's, see new video in original post.
- Added ability to create multiple effects for each Effect type. Multiple SnowFlake effects with each one with it's own settings.
- Added ability to change the colour for each line of text. This has previously been a restriction in Vixen 3 however from Vixen 3 Dev Build #76 and higher each line of text can have a separate colour (keep in mind using a Dev release has it's risks and you should backup all your data or wait until the next official release). For earlier releases of Vixen 3 then Vixen Messaging will only use the first colour on the Custom message tab and will be used for all lines of text.
- Added quick play buttons to each of the Effects and custom messages. Allows for immediate display of message and/or Effect that can be used for testing.
- Added new video for Custom effects and Custom messages.

Enjoy.

Will this work if your running the falcon player with sequences made in vixen3 or only on a computer running vixen 3

Only on the computer running Vixen 3

It here a place to get white and black list words to import? This is to establish a base.

Thanks in advance

My application already includes a long list of white and blacklist words. If you need more you will Ned to manually enter them and the best place is to just google it b

Version 3.1.18 - Vixen 3 Dev Build #83 introduced a new Web interface for increase capability. This changed the Vixen API and therefore required me to make changes to the Messaging app. These changes have been made and I have ensured the Messaging app is also backwards compatible with the previous Vixen 3 Web Interface. Please download the latest from the links in the original post.

Requested by a user.
Version 3.1.19 - Added another Play Option. Can select to play messages from within text files. Added option to this is to either delete file or move the file to the processed folder after message has been played (selected in the Messaging Settings Tab). Also select the Text File Folder box for Text File location. Will process the oldest file first and will read the first line of the text file and display the message.

Last edited:

Fixed download link for 64bit version.

gnarmster,

I just stumbled across this post. Can this messaging app/setup be used with xLights? If so, how?

Charles Belcher

Sorry Charles the Vixen Messaging App is solely programmed for Vixen and can not be used with any other sequencer.
Maybe switch over to Vixn :)

Geoff

Does v3.1.19 work with the latest Vixen version? Worked great last year, but trying to set it up today, Vixen keeps popping up the Sequence Upgrade message when messaging must be making the message sequence.

tom

Unfortunately I have been very busy moving interstate and will not have a light show this year so I haven't had time to look at the app and make sure it will work with the latest version of Vixen.

I am sure it will be a simple fix so i will look at it when I get a chance over the next couple of days.

That is great! Seems to be the new file format from 3.1, to u1 to u2. Not sure with the new web interface if there is any issues there.

Be glad to test it out if you get the time to look at it.

My latest release should work fine for the new web interface. The issue is the changes to the alternating and text effects.

Exactly what were you trying to do with my app? Was it just text or were you also using the effects?

I haven't hard much time to work with it but I have added a fix in Version 3.2.2 of my app that should fix your issue and be compatible with Vixen 3.2.2.

Just download it from the link in the original post on page 1. Ensure you uninstall the version on your PC first.

Geoff

I was just trying to use text, no effects. Will give it a try and report back.

I got everything running - I think. The log shows that it connects to my yahoo account, logs in, an says message count 4. But nothing shows up on the matrix.
The matrix does work when playing a local message.

The other thing is - if I sent a text message I get a response that states " please ensure you enter the message in the subject line" What does that mean?

Basically if I sent an email or text it gets to the gmail account "inbox" and Vixen messaging appears to say there are messages but they don't show on the matrix.

Thans

Back