xLights - Portions of Sequence Missing Between Saves

Fernker

Hi everyone, new member.

I've got a seemingly simple setup and everything has been going good (or has been solvable) up to this point.

I've got a set of 100 nodes that I'm driving with an ESPixelStick running the latest v4 firmware. I'm using it to drive a simple heart coro prop for Valentine's day. So I am running the ESPixelStick in "stand-alone" mode. I am uploading a `.fseq` file to the stick and have it set to run the file on start and just loops over that file. My testing with a 1 min long sequence went fine (I learned to set the V2 uncompressed setting in xLights).

Now I'm trying to do a longer ~10 min sequence for the prop. I have several sub-models on the heart model and created several interesting effects for the sequence. After I save and upload the `.fseq` file to the stick I noticed that one of the portions of the sequence won't play. I went back and saved again in xLights (without other changes) and uploaded again and then that portion of the sequence plays fine. But another section has stopped working.

So in total I kept saving about 6 times and every time a different section of the sequence wouldn't play. On the 6th time the stars aligned and all portions of the sequence worked.

I'm not really sure where to begin in debugging this. Like if it's a problem with xLights or the ESPixelStick. My current hunch is xLights but I'm not sure if there's a great way to review the contents of the `.fseq` file to confirm this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Back