Enclosure?

Franchise

I saw this question was asked a few posts down, but that was 2 years ago. So I thought I would ask the question again. Anybody have any recommendations for outdoor projector enclosures?

I would like to try projection mapping. I think I know what software to use (HeavyM was recommended, but I see Madmapper is popular too). I think I know what to get in a projector. I just can't find a good solution for weatherproofing the projector. I'm not very handy so I would struggle to build something. The places that sell them already built are like $500. Any other suggestions?

An ammo box would be perfect for the size, but again, comes the waterproofing. best bet is to cut a hole in the side, then seal it up with some RV silicone and a piece of glass. The projection should show through the glass fairly well.

I’ve seen people use a cooler with holes for vents facing downwards and they cover the hole with plexiglass siliconed into place for the lens.

Since my first post 5 years ago, I ended up doing projection mapping by buying old used projectors and just putting them out every night and bringing them in. I'm sick of doing that and would like to buy an enclosure if possible so I could just leave them out there. Is there anything available in the 5 years since I made this post? Any other easy DIY ideas?

The haunters sometimes make a cemetery column and put the projector inside the column. The columns can be "locked" into place and the door can be closed and locked. If the column is properly secured and you place the projector right on the marks, perfect lineup even if you need to do some maintenance.

For Christmas shows, you might try a "present" in the same configuration.

The haunters sometimes make a cemetery column and put the projector inside the column. The columns can be "locked" into place and the door can be closed and locked. If the column is properly secured and you place the projector right on the marks, perfect lineup even if you need to do some maintenance.

For Christmas shows, you might try a "present" in the same configuration.
Thanks for the reply. Any examples? I'm not sure how to build something waterproof with enough airflow too. I'm not worried about theming at this point.

Back