Supporting Membership

jValue

Supporting Member
HI, Back in January I re-upped my supporting membership. My profile says "supporting member" but I noticed that I have an alert that my supporting membership expired. I think the new site has a problem with membership renewals. I attached the paypal record. Is this the right place to raise the concern? Thanks,
Jim Soave

Attachments

• 1711132791090.png
    1711132791090.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 6
I see the issue but there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it. For the meantime you are permanently a Supporting member.

HI, Back in January I re-upped my supporting membership. My profile says "supporting member" but I noticed that I have an alert that my supporting membership expired. I think the new site has a problem with membership renewals. I attached the paypal record. Is this the right place to raise the concern? Thanks,
Jim Soave
From some further reading I the reason is that your account was imported from the old site as Supporting Member as the primary user group. It should have been imported as Registered as the Primary user group. If the Primary user group is the Upgrade user group then the "upgrade" will not take effect. I can change the Primary user group but I do not see a way to manually "upgrade" the account.

@jValue I just changed your primary and secondary user groups. If you do not mind would you be so kind as to check your status by going to the account upgrade page and see if there is a purchase or expiration date listed in the button? Let me know. Sorry about this confusion. Growing pains from the software switch.

@jValue I just changed your primary and secondary user groups. If you do not mind would you be so kind as to check your status by going to the account upgrade page and see if there is a purchase or expiration date listed in the button? Let me know. Sorry about this confusion. Growing pains from the software switch.
Hi, thanks for digging in! I logged in and navigated to "account" I don't see any dates there. I clicked on the one year upgrade and there was the option to use PayPal to support the site for another year but no dates. Please let me know if I was in the wrong area and I'll recheck.
Thank you!
Jim soave

Back