What's your solution for loose pixels in coroplast?

szaske

This is my first year using Coroplast shapes. I purchased 3 Bosco Living Light show snowflakes and put them all together. Now I see that I've put them together wrong. 3 of them have larger bottom holes, meant for the back side of the snowflake, but the design makes it very easy to put them together wrong. Now that they ARE together wrong I'm stuck with 10 or so holes that are too large for my pixels. I'm curious if anyone has run into the same situation and has come up with an easy way to mount Pixels in holes a little too large? Is there any easy-ish solutions?

I've not dealt with your exact issue, but I have had instances where a pixel does not want to stay seated. I used clear E-6000 and that did the trick.

If I was you, I would put them together the right way. In other words, take apart the panels that are incorrect and put them where they belong. Then the pixels will just work. It looks like they are just zip tied together? So, shouldn't be a big deal to make them correct.

On one of my home-made coro props I cut the holes slightly too big. I use electrical tape wrapped around the pixel.

If I was you, I would put them together the right way. In other words, take apart the panels that are incorrect and put them where they belong. Then the pixels will just work. It looks like they are just zip tied together? So, shouldn't be a big deal to make them correct.
This is honestly your best solution. Backtrack your build, redo it correctly and rest easy knowing you won't have to revisit your "fixes" every season.

I build my own coro props from full sheets. When I have a problem section where the holes aren't the right size I take a piece of cut-off, shape it to match the bad area and rubber cement it to the back of the prop. Once dry I lay it down and use the existing holes as a guide to hole punch thru the glued piece. A small zip tie or two is enough to ensure it stays snug in place. Your prop is 10mm but a 4 mm piece will work just fine. A 12mm punch would be best but a 7/16 will also do the trick.

Push the pixels a little bit further forward than you normally would and glue the wires.
Of course you should reassemble them correctly. Then if pixels are still loose, use glue. I use hot glue, but I have heard if you have extrememly cold/warm situations, make sure you select the right tyo of hot glue.

Back