8 channel vixen 2.1 sequences please?

wmrcomputers

Hi all.

Last year was my first show, which with thanks from users on DIYC I had the following songs..
Wizzards of Winter, Trans Siberian Sleighride, Chritmas Eve Sarejevo

I've tried for soooo many hours just to sequence one song myself, but I'm holding my hands up to being a struggler on this one!!

Has anyone got any other 8 channel sequences please for more traditional stuff, ideally I'd like something like Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas", or stuff like Santa Claus is coming to town etc etc.?

I've found a few like these in a thread from one guy, but it appeared like his vixen sequence had literally been created from a spectrum analyser - not quite looking how a sequence should look.

I know it's cheeky guys but I am BEGGING for your help! Please???

Thanks for the suggestion, but all I could find is 16 channels minimum. I don't mind editing it to just 8 channels, but they all also had ramping effects etc. and I only have an 8 channel on/off basic relay board :(
Thanks anyway

I don't mind editing it to just 8 channels, but they all also had ramping effects etc. and I only have an 8 channel on/off basic relay board

Any sequence with dimming can be converted to use only on/off channels by following a simple procedure:
1. set the Max level to 1 in the Settings for the sequence; this will chop any values greater than 1 down to 1, giving you just 2 values: 0 and 1, with 0 meaning "off" and 1 meaning "on"
2. set the Max level back up to 255
3. select all the cells in the sequence, then use the Find and Replace function to change all the "1"s to "255"

Depending on how the ramping and fading effects were done, using a threshold of 1 for "on" might not look good. You might want to use a higher value, like say, 128, since it is half way up the scale from 0 to 255. In that case, you could use a procedure similar to above, but you would need to change it around to first set a Min level of 127, then a Max of 128, then set them back to 0 and 255 and use the Find and Replace function 2x, once to set the 127s to 0, and once to set the 128s to 255.

don

@don - thanks for that advice will bear it in mind and give it a try if nothing else turns up.

@txag2008 - that would be most appreciated! I'll pm you my email address now. Thank you!

Just want to say a formal forum thanks to txag2008 for providing me with 2 more great 8 channel sequences... of which his 8 channel "Nutcracker" blew me away!

Such great, helpful people!!
Thanks again all

Would it be possible to beg for the sequences as well?

I'm running a modified LASOC setup with 11 channels total, but the 8 channel sequences are great starting points. I would be more than willing to share final product in return!

*puppy dog eyes*

Would it be possible to beg for the sequences as well?

I'm running a modified LASOC setup with 11 channels total, but the 8 channel sequences are great starting points. I would be more than willing to share final product in return!

*puppy dog eyes*

I will PM you a link to download mine :)

WOW! A big thanks to both of you for the files and the links! :D:D:D

Now, I got alot of lights to hang. I'll post some videos once we're up and running.

Crunchtime!

Happy Holidays all!

This will be my second year using an 8 channel controller. I would be most appreciative if I would be able to get a copy of the 8 channel sequences described above. It took me almost 2 hours to sequence half of Wizards of Winter last year. Anything I create I will gladly share back.

I sure would hate for my sequences to get passed off as 'yours'

I certainly wouldn't intend to do that. I'm sorry if I was not correct to assume that you were happy for me to pass them on if anybody else was in desperate need. Let me know if you would rather I don't please.

To the person who I've already sent a download link to, please note that the DECK THE HALLS and NUTCRACKER sequences were the awesome work of txag2008 and not myself. I seriously praise anyone capable of producing sequences like these, and of course their kindness to share them with others less capable than themselves. txag - without you my show would be as boring as last year.... so hats off to you! Our local Special Care Baby Unit should appreciate the difference this makes.

@Gargra - please wait up to 48 hours so that txag has chance to express his wishes, after which time I'll send you either a link to just mine or them all depending.

For this reason, some people will only share basic versions. Some sequences can take 50 or more hours to create and get just right. You can become pretty attached to your work. When someone provides a link privately instead of just posting the files, I would think the intent was to share with only one person.

Typically a sequence goes with a particular setup though and if your display isn't laid out exactly the same, channel for channel, it just looks like a bunch of flashing lights. I tried using a couple of sequences to save time and it actually took about the same time to make it fit my display. I almost rewrote the entire sequence anyway.

I have now received a message from txag stating that he does not wish to stop me from passing the sequences on. He was (rightly so) more concerned at me passing them off as "mine", which is my fault for wording what I had said badly. I offered someone a link to download mine, actually meaning "the ones that I have" but I realise this came across wrong and I apologise sincerely for that.

Although he has decided not to be upset by this matter though, it has made me think even harder about the sheer dedication that goes into creating these sequences. On that basis alone I will not be sharing any sequences other that the ones which I have personally written. If anybody would therefore like to obtain the sequences which txag made (and like i said before his "Nutcracker" literally blew me away!), then may I please suggest contacting him directly via private messaging, and I'm reasonably confident that he will be happy to help you like he has me.

Again, I am genuinely sorry for the confusion. This forum is CRAMMED with helpful folk such as txag and dirknerkle whom without my show would possibly not even exist! HUGE respect for everyone who goes out of their way to help others getting started.

On another note, I talked a local signwriter into donating a huge banner for me which arrived today. The mention of "charity" and "include your own mention" works wonders! If nobody has ever thought of this, give it a go!!
:)

Back