Back to step one writting a hex file to 16f688

i followed the pololu example to step11 where they make a main.asm. i cut/pasted the renard asm code into there.

maybe wayne's trick is easier???

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If you dig through the program folder of MPLAB you will find one called MPASMWIN, inside it should be a exe file. send a shortcut to the desktop for it. Use that to make your .hex file from the .asm file.
This simply bypasses the main program so you do not need to create a 'project'
:)

Thanks Wayne, got it, took me awhile, I didn't quite follow your instruction and missed finding it at first.
I'm making a MS Word doc with instructions on what to do next time in the future when I forget how, and put it on the zip drive where I have all the .asm files.

Yes I did.
I have not assembled a Renard firmware in a few years. I'm using different newer PC than I did when I got into the DIY Christmas world back in 2013. And did not have the software loaded.
I wanted to brush up my skills again, but my memory has dulled some. And so I forgot about how I did the assemble process the easy way using MPASMWIN.

I'll be 73 in in February. I wished that I had got interested in this when I was lot younger. I move slow these days and deal with lower back pain a lot.

Back