Build Questions

I ordered all the parts from the BOM and had PCB express make my boards but I'm having trouble on where the caps go on the PC interface. The BOM lists C1-C4 (1uf) which I assume correspond to C3 on the silkscreen however the BOM (and my order) has only 4 of those and there are 5 on the actual circuit board. I assume C2 is the 2200uf and C4 is the 100uf. So that leaves me wondering about C1 on the board and the 5th C3 on the board?

Thanks for any help

Aaron

You can leave off the C3 indicated in the attached picture. It is just for 5VDC smoothing.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further!!

Attachments

• C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 62
You can leave off the C3 indicated in the attached picture. It is just for 5VDC smoothing.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further!!

It would be nice to have C1 but not required. You could leave that one off also.

Somehow I am short and have to rob a 1uF cap from the PC interface. Am I better off taking C1 or C3? Since C3 is 5vd smoothing I assume C1 is the power input smoothing? Which one is less important? Also, If I remove one- does a bridge need to be installed between those two pads?

Thanks, Aaron

I ordered all the parts from the BOM and had PCB express make my boards but I'm having trouble on where the caps go on the PC interface. The BOM lists C1-C4 (1uf) which I assume correspond to C3 on the silkscreen however the BOM (and my order) has only 4 of those and there are 5 on the actual circuit board. I assume C2 is the 2200uf and C4 is the 100uf. So that leaves me wondering about C1 on the board and the 5th C3 on the board?

Thanks for any help

Aaron

Use C2. All the caps on the MAX232 IC are required, the others can be left off if needed.

Glad to hear your working on something. Sorry for the late reply, I travel a great deal and answer when i get the first chance.

I am brand new today. Found this forum by accident while searching for Linux Light Controllers. After I downloaded the python code and started reading the documentation I found references to controller boards that are needed.

I have looked around and can't seem to find the basic wiring diagram to build the necessary hardware.

I found the BOM for the FireGod, but can't find a "HowTo" to actually wire up the boards.

Where might that be? I tried the Library, but got a 404 error.

Many thanks in advance.

I am brand new today. Found this forum by accident while searching for Linux Light Controllers. After I downloaded the python code and started reading the documentation I found references to controller boards that are needed.

I have looked around and can't seem to find the basic wiring diagram to build the necessary hardware.

I found the BOM for the FireGod, but can't find a "HowTo" to actually wire up the boards.

Where might that be? I tried the Library, but got a 404 error.

Many thanks in advance.

Just finished up a set; and if you have the manufactured boards, the BOM and photo's on the start of the thread is all you need. Having not picked up an iron in a decade, took me around 6 hours to complete a full set. Hopefully the second set will go MUCH faster! Just remember start with the shortest components first and work your way up.

Best of Luck

~Kendall

Back