converting older versions of .vix files

Hey xjypcb!, Here is some help for you. To convert your vix files, you should search for a 2.0.xx version of vixen. Not the last that is in the download section. You can have it here:
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/images/b/b2/Vixen_2.0_beta_5.zip
Unzip that, and copy in the sequence folder, all the sequences you have saved in the sequences folder of your old version of vixen. Copy the files you have in the music folder of your previous version to the audio folder in the new version, and now run the new version of vixen. Your sequences will be converted automatically.
Regards,
Nk22i

Hello All,

I have converted my 1.xx files to 2.1.1.0 and they run fine.

I get the dreaded unhandled exception error when I try to open any 2.1.1.0 sequences.

I do not see the prepare program in the 2.5xx zip files.

What am I missing. Thanks for the help.

Rick

70 RGB Pixels
3 Varilite 2c's
and one Frankenlaser
8 conventional channels of dimming

Merry Christmas

If I recall it deletes itself once it runs - so you will need to redownload (or pull from the original zip) it as dirknerkle suggested. Be sure to rename a copy of it so you have it handy the next time if necessary.

Hi Guys thanks for the reply,

I guess I was not real clear when I posted.What I would like to do is use the 2.5.08 release as it diplays the actual DMX value in the cells.

I converted all my 1.xx to 2.1.1 and they open and run fine with 2.1.1

They will not run under 2.5.0.8 so I assume they must need to be converted again.

I did read that prepare does not re-convert 2.x.x files.

Does this mean I need to load my 1.x.x files again and use prepare from the 2.5.0.8 directory and reconvert it all again?

Or have I just missed a crucial step

Thanks again guys,

Rick

Back