Custom Props Editor

6. Select the string you want to work with, and hold down the control button then click on the screen to add points
attachment.php

7-10. Add more objects to the display
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 6.png
    6.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 8.png
    8.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 9.png
    9.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 10.png
    10.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 111
11-13. Add a 'Nested' object into the eyes...will turn on with the eyes.. but can be controlled separately
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

14- We're done.. so lets remove the extra strings we dont need
attachment.php

15 - Custom Objects drop down shows the 'Face' we just created
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 12.png
    12.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 13.png
    13.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 14.png
    14.png
    26 KB · Views: 99
  • 15.png
    15.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 100
16 - Dropped on the preview and resized
attachment.php

17 - String type set to pixel... now lets edit the linked elements
attachment.php

18 - As you can see there are strings for each of the 'elements' with pixels in the display
attachment.php

19 - New Context menu.... now we can generate the ElementNodes based on the element we are working on
attachment.php

20 - Shows the new 'Element Nodes' with correlating strings linked to the display element
attachment.php

Current issues:
1. I've got an issue where for some reason it's not saving the node relationships when I exit the form.
2. The selection box for the element is still a litttle 'off'

But overall its much more fluid to use than the clunky v1 I came up with.... I'm going to work on the current issues for a couple more days and once I get those figured out.. I'll post a test build.

Attachments

• 16.png
    16.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 17.png
    17.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 18.png
    18.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 19.png
    19.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20.png
    20.png
    25 KB · Views: 106
I'm wondering if any progress has been made on the prop editor. Here's an interesting thought. If the x,y coordinates of an element, say a poly line, can be captured off a preview. Seems like a custom model could be made similar to that of xlights. I've made a spider web with 8 legs, segmented into 4 elements. Then 3 circles, each segmented into 8 elements. This is a total of 67 groups to make up the complete prop. The effects that can be made by doing this look amazing. But I'd still like to use standard effects on the whole prop. How can I get all the x,y coordinates of the whole group from the preview so that I can create a new custom group. This is probably a question for Jon.

Last edited:
Back