HDPE Arch Kits...

UPDATE: You can now get information, view photos, and a demonstration video as well as purchase this product on our website at http://www.livinglightshows.com/. Thanks!

ArchBaseKit-SM.png

For those of you who are interested in using my arch design but do not want to go through all the work or cannot find all the parts I have some of these kits available now (thank you for your patience for those who have been asking for them) that I developed for commercial clients. They are $79 and you can email me at mjohnson@livinglightshows.com or matt@johnsonlightshow.com. These are much more professional looking than the DIY option in my How-To videos and have many feature and an improved design. Some of these improvements include:

- Tensioner with cord stop so you can tighten and loosen the pixel strip within the tube after putting the base on (previous method put a lot of tension on the pixel strips when removing the rebar cap unless you left it so loose that when the base was in the arch it didn’t provide enough tension)

- Legs with anchor holes perpendicular to arch

- Waterproof ingress/egress for power/data cables

- Durable and semi-flexible Polyethylene hybrid composition

- Improved tube clamp design

NOTES ON THE KIT:
These kits include one of two kinds of Pixel Strip anchors; one design is for silicon sleeved strips and the other is for open strips for whichever method you prefer (specify when ordering which kind you would like in your kit).

Included:
- 2 x Arch Base Mounts
- 2 x Tension Cords with hooks
- 2 x Cord Locks
- 2 x 13.5mm 3-Pin Plugs (1 male, 1 female) (+, -, data)
- 1 x Plug Retaining Ring
- 1 x Plug Gasket
- 1 x Plug Cap (if not daisy chaining the arches)
- 1 x Set of Pixel Strip Anchors (Specify at ordering silicon sleeved anchors or open strip anchors)
- 2 x JST Connectors (1 male, 1 female)
- 2 x Tube to Base Clamps
- 2 x Screw Knobs for tool-less adjustment and attachment of stabilizing bar
- 4 x Zip ties (only if you have chosen the silicon sleeved pixel strip anchors)

NOT Included:
- Pixel Strips
- 1/2” EMT Stabilizer Bar
- HDPE Tubing

Arch base mounts come un-assembled as shown below, if you would like the cord glued into the base and the wires soldered it is an additional $10.

Colors may vary from what is shown in the photo (I can also take requests on color)

Here is a video of the arches in action: https://youtu.be/90oZ52M4IC0

I will have these available on my website in the near future but for now I will just accept orders via PayPal.

Thanks!

Matt Johnson
www.johnsonlightshow.com
2014 Contestant on ABC's "The Great Christmas Light Fight"
http://facebook.com/johnsonlightshow

ArchBase-Assembled-SM.png

ArchBase-Unassembled-SM.png

PixelStripAnchors-Unshielded-SM.png

PixelStripAnchors-Shielded-SM.png

ArchBaseTubeClamps-SM.png

Last edited:
Matt
I must say they look amazing just a shame we cant get HDPE tube at a good price in the UK :(

Very smart and tidy. also the green looks a really good colour

These look like great kits Matt. Couple questions...
What are the dimensions of the base plate?
Assuming these are for your 2" HDPE, can kits be built for smaller HDPE?

Nice looking kit, will you be selling pieces separately (such as the pixel strip anchors) or is it going to be kit form only?

The dimensions of the base plate are 7" x 4" and yes I can offer them for other size tubing as well. I would just need time to order the tubing of your choice (or you can mail me a 6" piece) so I can measure it and test with it.

These look like great kits Matt. Couple questions...
What are the dimensions of the base plate?
Assuming these are for your 2" HDPE, can kits be built for smaller HDPE?

Okay, here is my a-la-carte pricing:

Base Mounts Only including:
- 2 x Arch Base Mounts
- 2 x Tension Cords with hooks
- 2 x Cord Locks
- 2 x 13.5mm 3-Pin Plugs (1 male, 1 female) (+, -, data)
- 1 x Plug Retaining Ring
- 1 x Plug Gasket
- 1 x Plug Cap (if not daisy chaining the arches)
- 2 x JST Connectors (1 male, 1 female)
$69

Base Mounts Only (no wires or accessories above): $59

Pixel Strip Anchors
- 1 x Set of Pixel Strip Anchors (Specify at ordering silicon sleeved anchors or open strip anchors) - $7.95

As for shipping, I will charge whatever the actual shipping cost is based on your preferred service or you can print out a shipping label and email it to me and I will use that.

Matt Johnson
www.johnsonlightshow.com

Where will you be posting individual piece's and price's?

Hi Matt they look great ill buy some but Im having issues trying to source the correct tubing to make them in Australia, has any Australian member found this tubing or anyone know where to source it. Thanks

I am not sure where to get the tubing in Australia, maybe someone there will see this post and chime in?

I would offer to buy the tubing and ship it to you but it is cost prohibitive as it has to be freight shipped :-(

Matt Johnson
www.johnsonlightshow.com

Hi Matt they look great ill buy some but Im having issues trying to source the correct tubing to make them in Australia, has any Australian member found this tubing or anyone know where to source it. Thanks

Okay, I just verified the JST connectors are 18 ga. Honestly, it would not matter though because you are going to have to power inject between every arch or two anyway (assuming you have 60/20's with 50 pixels/150 lights).

Matt Johnson
www.johnsonlightshow.com

Just curious about the size if I wanted daisy chain the arches if 20 ga. would handle the current. But probably would only daisy chain two arches.

That is some awesome equipment. I love the pixel strip anchors. Need to decide what I want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last year I ordered 3-10 foot sections of the HDPE like Matt has from a place in Illinois, I live in MISSOURI. I was quoted a shipping price of $12.95. I got my order, came in a semi. When I got my credit card bill they charged me $125.00. I called and they confirmed I was quoted $12.95. The gave me a refund. They did confirm that it had to be shipped freight but the mistake was theirs and no problem refunding.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back