HDPE Arch Kits...

My dad (in the picture) is 70 and we've built a ton of RGB props this year. Stick with it, we're here to help!

attachment.php

Thanks for the encouragement. I can do the building, I just can't do all the installing. Bad heart!

First of all, I started in Jan 2015 where you are now, at age 74, I am now 76 so age has nothing to do with it.

You may want to join the Xlights Forum as there are many there that will help you and as you can see you already have those here offering help. You can ask me by email if you wish or post on forums. The forums will give you more responses.

Don't' go back if you load version 39 as it is not backwards compatible like others have said look at the videos they will get you started and you do not have to use music to do effects, my show last year was only a two minute sequence repeated and it was fun to do and see. I have put a picture of just a shot of the sequence but the display was all I had time to build last year.

Kent

Kent, my issues are more health restrictions than age. Bad ticker.

All the videos I have found talk about version 4 and the interface seem to be different. I tried following the video and 2016.39 doesn't seem to work the same way. Is the video you are all talking about https://vimeo.com/123758528?

search for sean meighan on vimeo for videos. Set up your Universes I would use 510 per Universe not 512 as some controllers can not span the 511 and 512 without turning on the wrong lights. Then look for videos on how to set up using the newer version. It is really pretty straight forward. I am including a picture of the layout screen that you can see when you refer to the user manual. The symbols at the top allow you to create the model. BTW the Christmas Expo in Chicago this July there will be people from Xlights that can help you.
Kent

Attachments

• Layout Screen.jpg
    Layout Screen.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 93
search for sean meighan on vimeo for videos. Set up your Universes I would use 510 per Universe not 512 as some controllers can not span the 511 and 512 without turning on the wrong lights. Then look for videos on how to set up using the newer version. It is really pretty straight forward. I am including a picture of the layout screen that you can see when you refer to the user manual. The symbols at the top allow you to create the model. BTW the Christmas Expo in Chicago this July there will be people from Xlights that can help you.
Kent

Hi Kent, The link I posted is Sean's. Thanks for the pic. I will go through the instruction manual.

Fran I am using version at the moment 2016.37 however my video cards are not AMD nor my chips AMD some of the later versions are having a problem with these chip sets but they are getting worked out.
Xlights allows a capability of using layers and also displaying the entire House model. I have worked out my show and captured it on video from my monitor so here is a link if you want to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSFwOIuN2U&feature=youtu.be
Fran if you have questions about anything just ask, I use the Raspberry PI to run the show and my controllers are Falcon F16V2 that can run 680 Pixels per plug and have 16 plugs. You can search my posts on the Xlights Forum.

Hope this may help you.
Kent

Kent, what did you use to build your mini trees? Your entire setup is awesome and I'm impressed by it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mini trees are from Boscoyo.com the 360 set up as 180 (50 pixels tree 10 pixels star) they are grouped together in Xlights

Thanks for the info Kent.

I have 2016.39beta installed but can't find any info or vids telling how to use it. All the Youtubes I found were for an older version. I may fall back to the last non-beta version.

Thanks for you offer to help. I need all the help I can get. My wife tells me I'm too old (70) to be trying to do all this stuff. I have lots of physical restrictions too.

I am starting out with just two arches this year so I can get my head around all this stuff.

Should I post my questions for you here on the forum or direct to you via email?

Hi KentD, I'm back with more questions. I would like to know how you made this effect:
Capture.JPG

My display has grown since it's inception. Nothing like your, which is GREAT! If you would like ot see what I am doin you can search Youtube for W1FJM

Thanks Fran

All,

I wanted to follow up on this post and let you know that this product is now listed for sale on our website at http://www.livinglightshows.com.

You can view detailed information including product summary, specifications, etc. as well as view photos and a video demonstration of the product.

Thanks for your patience!

Matt Johnson
Living Light Shows
www.johnsonlightshow.com
www.livinglightshows.com
2014 Contestant on ABC's "The Great Christmas Light Fight"
http://facebook.com/johnsonlightshow

Matt,

Thanks. I am using your pixel strip anchors and was able to get them to work on the regular 30/m and 60/m strips but have some issues on the 3 pixel/node strips where you only have 50 nodes in the entire 5m strip. The Non-Silicon ones work fine on the front of some of them but on the back end, the last resistor is too close to the last pixel for the non-silicon connector. I used the Silicon ones instead on the backend.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all this info - this forum has been really useful.

I'm looking at a design for 1 large arch (and multiple smaller) using 2" HDPE. Hoping some folks can help with a couple of questions:

1) What's the largest arch anyone has been able to implement?

2) Any thoughts on adding supports at various points along the arch? Not too worried about gap in light, as can add other decorations at these points..

3) I can't seem to find the link to order these kits? Is ordering offline for the season (thinking ahead for next year, so not super urgent)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mine are four, 12.5 feet long, a radius of 4 feet, and 8' diameter. I made the most of 50 feet of 2" High Pressure Polyethylene Tubing, not HDPE. I also used three 5 meter strips and cut and soldered them to length. Using 60/20 strips, I think they were 63 channels long each, 3.75 M.

I still need to measure exactly but was thinking approx. 14ft diameter, maybe splitting into 2 x 8' diameter will make more sense - thanks for all the advice.

Back