Helix and Vixen 3

That should work fine for Helix support.

I seem to remember reading something where Helix is finicky when it comes to audio file pathnames, so let me know if it reports any errors with audio.

Has anyone been able to test this? I tried one on my computer and got a error saying it could not find the audio when I tried to build a show. Not sure if it is a V3 issue or computer. I have had issues with this Windows 7 computer and creating Vixen shows in the past. My XP computer does not work anymore so I guess it is time to make Windows 7 work. If V3 works for others then I know to start working on my computer.

Thanks

Where is the location of the audio file when you exported? Helix might expect it to be in the location typically used for Vixen 2.1 data.

Where is the location of the audio file when you exported? Helix might expect it to be in the location typically used for Vixen 2.1 data.

I created a seq with Vixen 2.1 and it works. I then created one in V3 using the same audio file in the same folder as I did in Vixen 2.1. I exported the file in V3 to the same sequence folder that Vixen 2.1 uses and I still get the "audio file associated with this file could not be found" error. I also tried putting everything in the V3 folders then mapping HNS to those folders but got the same thing.

I created a seq with Vixen 2.1 and it works. I then created one in V3 using the same audio file in the same folder as I did in Vixen 2.1. I exported the file in V3 to the same sequence folder that Vixen 2.1 uses and I still get the "audio file associated with this file could not be found" error. I also tried putting everything in the V3 folders then mapping HNS to those folders but got the same thing.

Guys,
I'm sorry for being away so much this year. I'll explain in another post.

bcowan,
Please send the XML file that you exported from V3 to me (support at helixlightcontroller dot com) and I'll take a look at it. I should be able to detect any export problems and suggest the recommended fix actions.
You might want to also send the original V2.1 XML file to me so that I can understand your setup.

It looks like the audio file name is not saved properly in the export file. I will enter it as a bug and start on a fix for the next release.

Until then, you can workaround the problem by loading the exported file into Vixen 2.1, manually add the audio and save it. You can load it into HNS after that.

Ed

This one seems to work. It let me export to Vixen 2.1 and the create a Helix show with it. I will try to get my Helix down and make sure it plays. Thanks for the help.

I was able to export to Vixen 2.1 and to Helix Network Supervisor. I haven't yet tried to run it on my Helix yet. thanks for all the work and for all the work you've now created for me...yikes..only a couple of months to get everything ready.

I was able to export to Vixen 2.1 and to Helix Network Supervisor. I haven't yet tried to run it on my Helix yet. thanks for all the work and for all the work you've now created for me...yikes..only a couple of months to get everything ready.

Anytime! :)

Back