HLS - Animation in Pixel MegaTree or V-Matrix -- Super Easy

I just released 20N

In the Mouth/Eye matrix -- if you leave a cell BLACK (0,0,0) then the Channel Background will show thru.

If you WANT a BLACK --- and NOT let the channel background color come thru ... set the BLACK matrix cell color to (1,1,1) or (2,2,2). This will still show as black but will over-ride the background merge.

This change was more complicated tthan I thought --- the reason I did not implement it before.

So now .... if you want a different Colored Background to your Mouth/eye positions, ... just leave the matrix cells black --- and your channel Background color will come thru.

So --- same face --- want Yellow face one time and Green face the next time --- just change the Background colors.

Enjoy.

Joe

Last edited:
Dang i knew that from playing around in the beginning, thanks for reminding me!!! Thanks for being able to assign the colors, it truly is a massive time saver!

Gary

Hi Joe. you were partly correct, I did have the vocal sheet assigned (but missed the upload) , but all except "etc". Thought I would leave it out as I didn't plan to use it.
Filled it in this morning and VIOLA ,all my versions work.
So thanks to your very, very robust programme and your patience yet again.
many thanks
Boof63:yay:

HI Joe,
Having some technical hitches.
1. Can I change the allocated pixels for each face shape , i.e. move my mouth lower on my megatree (tried this but left with white only lights on preview and no movements lower down the megatree)
2. How do I change the number of faces I want , started with five, playing with three (to get it working), but still have vocal sheet for 5 and in Assign Mouth position channels?
3. Is there a way to copy the Assigned Mouth Channel Positions for each Phenome, rather than click and colour 40 odd times, copy and then just change colours as needed for each separate face?
4. How do I read my megatree when working out the location assigning mouth position channels, Does it matter if my tree runs top to bottom then bottom to top, or vice versa. Where is starting location of my megatree in HLS top left,bottom left, top right, bottom right. eg If bottom left then does pixel count start at bottom and go up for all strings or does it follow the Btm to Top then Top to Btm configuration?
5. Doers the same apply to my matrix , left to right then right to left etc ie 20 strings x 75 or is 75 strings x 20 pixel going top to bottom- bottom to top, top to bottom etc

Sorry if I am missing something Joe , but I want this work and its driving me nuts for the past fortnight in that it ain't working for me.

cheers Boof63:(

Last edited:
Finally played with the update, for those that don't know, What a time saver alone on pixel mouths, being able to assign the colors as assigning channels to the mouth!!! Thanks Joe should be able to animate 2 1/2 songs in the time it took to do one. What's the chance of having the x,y axis labeled with what was defined for the matrix, it would make it a bit easier on say a 252 pixel mouth matrix. I know wrong section but just came to mind.

Gary

Something similar to how the pixel plane has the string and pixel number but in this case just the pixel number, so basically on the left side (y axis) if I defined it pixels 20 through 41 then the y axis would be labeled 20 from the top down to 41 on the bottom, the x axis would just be the string number say the strings in use where 11 through 27 then starting with string 11 going left to right to 27, best example would be the battle ship game grid but all numbers, pixel number on the left, string number on the bottom not sure if it would be something easy to accomplish, just a thought

Back