HLS - HORZ and VERT Matrix Pixel Assignment Wizard

does it work at the output ?

I still cannot get my mind around how a 8 universe controller address 16 universes of data .

does trhis mean i can now do my horizontal matrix as 20 strings x 75 pixels.
1. If so do i need to redo my raw channels the represent the matrix, ie 20 strings by 75 pixels,
currently it is in the vertical matrix setup as 75 strings x 20 pixels running top to bottom for all strings
2. could i setup horizontal using the exisiting raw channels ie 75 x 20.
reasons for asking is i don't wish to stuff up what i have now working.
if i change the format will it screw up any effects i have done??
cheers boof63

I think you are missing an important point .... the HLS's matrix does NOT care how you build them --- if the are HORZ or VERT --- does not matter.

All I've done is give you a way to associate your HLS Virtual Matrix with the way you might physically wire them.

As long as the size of your matrix does not change ... you can change how you wire them every day and it will not affect any of your effects or sequencing.

Remember -- HLS programs your channels based on what channel appears in the PP Matrix grid.

One days you WIRE your physical matrix using Horizontal strings ... just redo the PP channel assignments.

Next day you rewire your physical matrix with Vertical strings ...just redo the PP channel assignments.

The wizards I provided make it easy to just redo the PP channel assignments.

Remember --- I designed HLS to NOT be tied to hardware ... you program your sequences --- let the physical wiring be dictated by your physical scene structures -- not your software.

I hope this helps.

Joe

One last note that might be missed by some people.

You DO NOT have to build your matrix based on your string size!!!!!!!!

As an example ... lets say you have strings that contain 75 pixels but you want a 100 pixel matrix.

I does not matter to HLS if the last pixel of a physical string is inside the matrix boundaries. As long as you can WIRE them ... HLS will display them.

Using the wizards ... it is very easy to define where a string begins and ends within the matrix.

So ... DO NOT LET string size determine your matrix size.

Joe

After watching the video above, regarding the new matrix features, I tried to create a horizontal matrix with the auto assign channel feature. When the wizard auto assigns it does not place the strings in order from right to left, then left to right.

Here is a screen shot of the auto assign results.

Matrix Example.png

After posting this I got to thinking...I have not ordered the channels for output yet. Could this be the reason for the strings not being assigned in the correct order?

Last edited:
No -- output is something else.

You do need to look at the order in the channel selection box --- HLS expects them to be in proper order to place them.

If they are out of order --- the placement will be wrong.

Joe

Looking at your GREEN cell --- is there a reason you started at the bottom?

I always think of the TOP as the starting position --- I believe the code is written with that in mind.

So start TOP or LEFT --- the selections then allows HLS to start placing there or at the END of the stated cell row/column.

Joe

When I physically built my matrix last year I placed the first pixel in the lower left corner looking at it from the rear of the matrix and moved across horizontally left to right then right to left. When looking at it from the front it is just the opposite. The matrix worked great last year using Nutcracker and LOR. This year I am trying to learn HLS and use it for my show since I added many more pixels and HLS makes managing pixels much easier. If all else fails I suppose I could just manually enter each row, a row at a time.

By the way, I did check the channel list in the pixel channel selection box and in the raw channel manager and all of my matrix strings are listed in order.

Just place the channels row by row.

The auto build will probably not work --- it will take two minutes loner to just assign the start of the row and then tell me to place left to right or right to left.

You should be done quickly.

Let me know.

Joe

I did it row by row and was done in no time at all. I am sure I confused the auto assign since I broke from the norm and went backwards. By the way, thanks for a great program and great support.

I have a newbie question, I have been trying all night to create a horizontal matrix(I think). I have 12 RBG strips with 150 pixels (450 channels), maybe I don't understand what it means to be horizontal or vertical in RGB. What I am planning is to do is hang them horizontally on my fence.
Whenever I try to create a pixel plane I get 12 in the x and 150 in the y. How do I get 150 in the x and 12 in the y?

What am I missing? I've watched the video, but still don't get it.
Thanks,
Rob

Back