Holidaycoro vs. Boscoyo

hussong1555

What does everyone prefer for pixel matrix and pixel strips? Boscoyo or holidaycoro? Also can the Boscoyo strips be used with the holidaycoro megatree topper?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have purchased various items from both vendors and have gotten good value for my money. As for which topper does one vs another strip work? They are plastic and have holes. You can make them work with anything.

Also can the Boscoyo strips be used with the holidaycoro megatree topper?

Yes you can and I did that for 2 to 3 years. Boscoyo strips fit just in the HC topper. This year, the topper broke into several rings and I'm looking for a replacement. Then when I took down the tree, I found that the base piece had also cracked.

I wouldn't recommend that topper unless you're OK with replacing it after a few years. Mine was also warped when I got it. So much that I had to machine it to make it flat. I didn't get a picture of the topper before I tossed it but still have the base sitting in the carport.

HCTreeBase.jpg

Last edited:
Yes you can and I did that for 2 to 3 years. Boscoyo strips fit just in the HC topper. This year, the topper broke into several rings and I'm looking for a replacement. Then when I took down the tree, I found that the base piece had also cracked.

I wouldn't recommend that topper unless you're OK with replacing it after a few years. Mine was also warped when I got it. So much that I had to machine it to make it flat.

View attachment 41261

That's disappointing. I was planning on running with the HolidayCoro topper this year, and all my strips are from Boscoyo. I already purchased them, I really, really hope I don't see the warping and breaking on my HC topper.

Next time I will buy somewhere else just to be safe.

I still use the full welded/metal tree toppers from Christmaslightshow.com.

Fantastic product.
Mine is over 10 years old and still like new.

I wouldn't recommend that topper unless you're OK with replacing it after a few years. Mine was also warped when I got it. So much that I had to machine it to make it flat.

View attachment 41261

I used the HC topper with no issues for 4 years. Has held up well to all types of weather and wind. Have made purchases from both. All great experiences.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I purchased a mega tree from HC this past year and had zero issues. We are in Dallas and with the strong winds whipping down our street, I thought for sure I would have issues, but none. The topper seems very well made. With that said, I just received 500' of Boscoyo strips and these strips are thicker and more rigid than HC's. I have not tested if the Boscoyo strips will work with the HC topper, but it might be a tight fit given the difference in thickness (you definitely will not be able to fold the strip over for mounting like you would with HC strips). I tried to get to my mega tree to check the fit, but it is too well packed away. sorry.

you definitely will not be able to fold the strip over for mounting like you would with HC strips

Yes, you can fold the Boscoyo strips over and zip tie them for the topper. That's exactly what I did - Boscoyo strips and the HC Qt2 Topper. The strips fit nice and tight with zip ties and don't move around. My topper cracked between the slots for the strips. I only had 16 strips in it with 50 pixels per string. That's not a lot of weight. I assume the temperature and/or UV rays affected it more than the weight. I'll look through my photos to see if I have one of the topper. The ring in the base also cracked and the pole went through the bottom of the base. I'll won't be getting a topper made of plastic again.

What does everyone prefer for pixel matrix and pixel strips? Boscoyo or holidaycoro? Also can the Boscoyo strips be used with the holidaycoro megatree topper?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I for one use Boscoyo strips they created them. I don’t use the HC topper but recommend the one from Boscoyo, all steel. The also have the parts needed to make the asp pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had mine lasered out of 1/4 plate steel, along with a 270 pixel star for $200. I dont think either of these will ever fail. Was too expensive to ship a 36" star to Alaska. I actually saved money. If anyone wants the star .dxf file I have it available. It is not exactly like the HC star, the pixels do not curve, they are evenly spaced. That said, I do not notice a difference, and the metal star will last far longer than cheap coro.

Back