Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

Well, the fact that "it works with an LED" tells me that sketch is working correctly and that you have Vixen configured correctly. That it does not work with the SRR tells me that you have a problem with your SSRs or the wiring between the MEGA and the SSR of the connection of your 120vac.

Well, the fact that "it works with an LED" tells me that sketch is working correctly and that you have Vixen configured correctly. That it does not work with the SRR tells me that you have a problem with your SSRs or the wiring between the MEGA and the SSR of the connection of your 120vac.

I think it's my ZCD because if I apply gnd signal without the ZCD, the ac lighting turns on but doesn't dim. I probably fried the chip...

I think it's my ZCD because if I apply gnd signal without the ZCD, the ac lighting turns on but doesn't dim. I probably fried the chip...
The POWER ON test, in Version 2, is a simple go/no-go test that you should see working when you first powerup your Arduino with the SSR board connected. If you claim that a LED works just fine (i.e. it dims with a Vixen sequence) then I would expect the ZCD to be working as it is required to make a LED dim. You can modify the POWER ON test to include dimming as a means to test your SSR boards.

The POWER ON test, in Version 2, is a simple go/no-go test that you should see working when you first powerup your Arduino with the SSR board connected. If you claim that a LED works just fine (i.e. it dims with a Vixen sequence) then I would expect the ZCD to be working as it is required to make a LED dim. You can modify the POWER ON test to include dimming as a means to test your SSR boards.

do you know what the DC power usage is on the 2560 thanks

kev my 5v 4a wall wort died

I don't know what you already have, but I use some of the following -

Bells of St. Ignacious - Wormburner
Birthday - Beatles
Carol of the Bells - Florent
Christmas Lights - Campbell
Deck the Halls - Florent
Dualing Jingle Bells - US Navy Band
Feliz Navidad - Jose Filiciano
Jingle Bells - Gorilly
March of the Toy Soilders
Mele Kalikimaka - Crosby
Oh Holy Night - Kirk
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Ives
Santa Claus is Coming to Town- Arnold
Snow Miser
We Three Kings - Bashaw
What Christmas Means - CrownVic
White Christmas - Florent
Text Me - Straight No Chaser
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Pentatonix
Run Run Rudolph - Kelly Clarkson
Let It Snow - Pentatonix
Santa Baby
White Christmas - The Drifters
Hallelujah - Pentatonix

UPDATE: My previous post was proven. I just tied pin 1 to pin 19 and pin 0 to pin 18 on my MEGA and that seemed to satisfy me.

if you are referring to me - ring away......call before 12:00 noon Pacific time though.

Last edited:
Back