How many computerised displays are there?

Driver

Greetings!

I was just wondering, does any have a rough idea of how many computer controlled displays there are in Australia? And/or each capital city?

Melbourne
wjohn
timw
goldie
Kev

Sydney
Matt Edwards
Wombat (Ian)

Brisbane
David_AVD

Canberra
AussiePhil

Perth
Tabor

Adelaide
edward57

Newcastle
piesrules58

Kempsy
mikebrg (in 2010)
Lithgow
Davidth

Toowoomba
Toodle Pipsky

NZ
MPH

Last edited by a moderator:
As we drove around our local area looking at displays last night, I thought the same thing. I didn't see any that appeared to be centrally sequenced or controlled in any way.

I have 2 timers - one for the front yard lights and one for the back yard lights. Does that count? :lol:

Next year I'll be doing something with DMX for sure.

Updated 17 Dec

2 run by Vixen confirmed
1 run by vixen last year, assume hes back this year
1 using LOR - 16ch

Aussiephil

Last edited:
I'm guessing 4 in Sydney, 1 in Lithgow and 1 in Central Coast.

Apparently one out around Orange too. A visitor here last night said there was a display and talking to the guy he was sure he said it was controlled by a PC running Vixen. No idea who it is, nothing in the papers there eithor....

Theres a lot more than you think. I knew of 2 others in my area that are known, but I am finding more and more as I search with smaller channel counts 16/32 range. Then we have GE Mr Christmas users that throw you off guard that might be one.

I think a boat dealer called Shadrack is responsible for that in my area. They have two enormous commercial displays now. One at their dealership and one in a farm club baseball stadium parking lot. All LED, thousands of channels of LOR. They profit off the show and give some money to charity.

So we have a lot of LOR users in the area now.

One thing here tho Trip is that there has been nothing like the Mr Christmas released around these parts. Animated lights are just rare as hens teeth but I am aware of a few LOR users down under. The $ layout for 24V animation is a LOT more than over in the USA, and the thought of 240V frightens a lot of people

One thing here tho Trip is that there has been nothing like the Mr Christmas released around these parts. Animated lights are just rare as hens teeth but I am aware of a few LOR users down under. The $ layout for 24V animation is a LOT more than over in the USA, and the thought of 240V frightens a lot of people

ah, forgot about that

I know of a few LOR's in Sydney as Matt Said theres about 4 that we know of all around.

Theres 3 in Glenwood (one cbus controlled) two Vixen (Wombat and JPB) and Matt is in Baulkham hills.

I had a look at JPB last night it has a huge amount of sequences (sat there for 20 mins still didnt hear them all)

Wombat

I believe that ours is the only one in Newcastle. There is a guy in Nelson Bay who had a LOR set up last year , but I am not sure if he is doing anything this year.

There's maybe one or two that are popular over here in New Jersey, I'm hopefully going to get some visitors soon ;)

Just need to find out how :(

I know of a few LOR's in Sydney as Matt Said theres about 4 that we know of all around.

Theres 3 in Glenwood (one cbus controlled) two Vixen (Wombat and JPB) and Matt is in Baulkham hills.

I had a look at JPB last night it has a huge amount of sequences (sat there for 20 mins still didnt hear them all)

Wombat

Where is the CBUS one at Glenwood?

There is also Lytnin at McGraths Hill and Flowblock at Nth Ryde but I haven't seen either of them on the forums recently.

Jon

I'll have one in Kempsey next year. it will only be 16 / 32 channels but the only one I know of in the area.

I did have a minor setback with the lights this year thanks to a big storm but it will be bigger than ever next year.

I'm already excited about it and it's not even Christmas this year

I've got 3x Ren24's almost up and running here, but not in time for this year :(
Next year for sure there will be Vixen sequencing in the Penrith area (Western Sydney)

Hi Guy's - Does New Zealand count for the list ?? :)

My first display this year in Nelson, NZ, 80+ channels of a stripboard "Hill Robertson 320", and Vixen software, and completely homebuilt SSR's etc. We were placed in the top 5 of around 50 for the local "Competition" by the organisers apparantly.
There is another display in the area computer controlled, which won the competition, although I havn't met him. The help from the forum members is outstanding, and very much appreciated. Now to have fading for 2010.............. :)

Cheers, Terry

Mine is another in Melbourne. Last year 80ch, this year 100ch but rushed job due to starting up personal business, but will be in full swing in 2010 with a lot of additions!

Back