INTEREST ONLY - Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener boards

kmalsom

Determining interest for a group buy of two PCBs

The first one is for the Full Wave Converter Board - See here: Full Wave Converter
20131027_223350.jpg

The FWC is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave.

NOTE: Each panel contains 54 FWC's. In other words, the buying unit is one PCB. This PCB is a 'panelized' PCB in that it contains a subset of smaller PCBs. The smaller PCBs are separated by a v-score in the panel and you literally break the smaller PCBs off from the main PCB panel.

So, when you buy one PCB from this group buy, you will be receiving 54 FWCs.
There is no option for a smaller quantity of FWCs.

Pricing Info:

PCB - $3.25 (i.e. each FWC costs 6 cents ! 3.25/54 = .06)

This is a PCB only, the BOM is not included
However, with that said, the BOM is perhaps the simplest BOM you will ever encounter.
Each FWC requires a quantity of 4 * 1n4005 Diodes. These are readily available for about 2 cents each.
Each panel requires 216 of these diodes.

The second one is for the Super String Shortener Board
20140216_223818.jpg20140216_223651.jpg

The SSS is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave and spots for 1 or 2 resistors up to 2 Watt. This means you can shorten a string of LEDs as well as rectifying it and keep it all on one board.

NOTE: Each panel contains 54 SSS's. In other words, the buying unit is one PCB. This PCB is a 'panelized' PCB in that it contains a subset of smaller PCBs. The smaller PCBs are separated by a v-score in the panel and you literally break the smaller PCBs off from the main PCB panel.

So, when you buy one PCB from this group buy, you will be receiving 54 SSSs.
There is no option for a smaller quantity of FWCs.

Pricing Info:

PCB - $4.75 (i.e. each FWC costs 9 cents ! 4.75/54 = .09)

This is a PCB only, the BOM is not included
However, with that said, the BOM is just slightly more complex than the FWC.
Each SSS requires a quantity of 4 * 1n4005 Diodes. These are readily available for about 2 cents each.
Each panel requires 216 of these diodes. You will also need the appropriate sized resistor(s). As you can see in the second picture, the board is set up so that you can only put one resistor in if needed. I've tested this with Vishay 2 Watt resistors and anything that size or smaller will work. Here is a calculator that will help in determining the minimum resistor size.

Both of these boards will fit in a 3/8" shrink tube. The FWC board is approximately 3/8" x 7/8" and the SSS is approximately 7/16" x 1-9/16"

Shipping (US)
Shipping will be done by USPS flat rate priority mail or first class mail if under 13 ounces. Flat rate prices range from $5.30 to $11.15. I will always try to save you money on shipping. If under 13 ounces, they will ship first class mail in a padded envelope to keep costs down.

Canada and outside North America – Additional shipping fees apply. Please note this in your post and I will get you actual shipping costs.

PayPal
US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 3%
Non-US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 4%

Please post your interest below.

Edit:
Question for those interested in the group buy. Wayne J offered to provide me with bags of 250 (+/- 10) 1n4007 diodes with prebent leads. These diodes would be .03 each (7.50 per bag). It would take slightly less than 1 bag per panel. How many of these bags would you be interested in?

Last edited:
Back