INTEREST ONLY - Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener boards

Question for those interested in the group buy. Wayne J offered to provide me with bags of 250 (+/- 10) 1n4005 diodes with prebent leads. These diodes would be .03 each (7.50 per bag). It would take slightly less than 1 bag per panel. How many of these bags would you be interested in?

I was just looking to buy 1N4007's for the same price but would be willing to purchase the 1N4005's through the GB

Sent from my DROIDX

Question for those interested in the group buy. Wayne J offered to provide me with bags of 250 (+/- 10) 1n4005 diodes with prebent leads. These diodes would be .03 each (7.50 per bag). It would take slightly less than 1 bag per panel. How many of these bags would you be interested in?

I would be in for 3 Bags. Also you might consider putting this in the initial post so everyone sees it. A lot of people skip through posts and may not see this. Thanks guys for taking the time!!!

I'd be in for a bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just a note, the diodes are not locked in to the 1N4005, I can do the 1N4007 as well. From what I have read, either one will work just fine, correct?

Yes either will work depending on what country you're in. From my understanding for power diodes a rating of 3x the rms voltage should be used. For us in the US even a 1N4004(rated at 400volts) would be ok. Others overseas should use the 1N4006(rated at 800volts). A 1N4007(rated at 1000volts) would be good for everyone.
This is just a rule of thumb I picked up along the way somewhere so if somebody with more in-depth knowledge knows please chime in.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:
Yes either will work depending on what country you're in. From my understanding for power diodes a rating of 3x the rms voltage should be used. For us in the US even a 1N4004(rated at 400volts) would be ok. Others overseas should use the 1N4006(rated at 800volts). A 1N4007(rated at 1000volts) would be good for everyone.
This is just a rule of thumb I picked up along the way somewhere so if somebody with more in-depth knowledge knows please chime in.

Sent from my DROIDX

With that bit of information I think the 1N4007 would be the best choice, considering they would work for anyone and have a higher rating. So go with the 1N4007 diodes then?

OK I'm not even planning on any AC stuff but what the heck...

2 x FWC
2 x SSS
2 bags of diodes

Back