Introductions

BSummitt

I thought it would be cool for the Oklahoma people to have a Forum, since there are at least 8 of us.

This will be my first year to have a computer controlled xmas. I have 4 olsen 595's, and enough SSR's to support those. (Just waiting on the parts COOP to arrive,I will probably only use 2 of the 595's this year.) I am also planning on making a LEDTRIKs sign, Im just waiting for the PCB. I live in Moore.

I thought this would be a good place for oklahoma people to ask each other questions and get troubleshooting tips, since there are a few pros among us in the OKC,Tulsa and Broken Bow area. Could also be a good way to trade parts and pieces since everyone is so close.

Brandon

This will be my first year to have a computer controlled Christmas also. I'm using a custom designed 128 channel, dimming controller. I'll probably only use 96 channels this year. I haven't decided yet if I will sync to music or just have it sequence through a couple of routines. I'm concerned with the traffic issues in my neighborhood.

I live in Norman.

I still get a kick out of that. There was no way they were going to get in the way of what you had to say!

This will be my second year. I live in the Tulsa area, about 6 or 7 blocks from firegod.

This is my 4th year doing this. It started with a Hill 320 controller with just lights being turned on and off then I moved to sequencing with music last year. This year I will be using the Olson 595 and the hill 320 to controller upto 192 channels.

I live in Broken Arrow.

Greeting from Edmond Oklahoma. Its nice to see lots of people in Oklahoma with this cool hobby!! I'm a beginner, with this coming year being my first display. I'm planning on between 48-72 dimming channels and hopefully will have at least six songs sequenced by then. I've played around with homebuilt 595 boards a little without much luck so am waiting on a coop order to get really serious. I've started playing with a demo of LOR's software after last Christmas and switched over to Vixen after I saw how much it was going to cost buying one of their systems and software. Maybe we can set up a get-together in few months to compare ideas.

Richard

Is anyone else getting a little desperate for their coop parts like me? This being my first display Im gonna need a few months to get it all together !

Hey guys,
I live in Del City and I did a show last year for the first. What a blast that was. I had 63 channels running from an Olsen 595. I was planning on doing over 250 channels of dimming this year but the NAVY wants me to away for most of December so I decided to hold off for this year. I bought all the lights that I needed last year during the 50% off sales right after Christmas. With that said…………..
If you need lights and you feel like driving to the Del City area I am willing to sell you some lights for a $1 a box. I don’t have the time to box them up and ship them but I will make time for someone local to pick them up. I can also meet you somewere local. I just might have other spare parts to help you out in a pinch. Just ask and I will see what I can do.

Jeff

I finally have my first Halloween display up, though there's still a few bugs I need to work out. Four channels out of 48 that aren't working. I'm going to hopefully get those problems solved so I can open the show up to the public tonight. I couldn't believe all the time it took me to wire it up, a lot longer than I thought it would. I still need to go back and put together all my SSR boxes. My show has four songs so far, which I plan on expanding over the coming weeks as we get closer to Halloween. I am finding that I can sequence songs a lot quicker now that I've been playing with Vixen over six months. I'll post some videos later on once I'm happy with the results and can get a friend to come over with a camcorder :D

I have a long way to go for my Christmas display, only have two completed songs. I'll be expanding to 64 channels at that point as well.

Richard

(Edited for spelling)

Hi all, although I live just a little south of you I'm hoping you'll let me join your group. I can already see that the total brainiack at PLUS is already here. Thanks GM for the interface.

Not sure I have much to offer, you's guys are way over my head tech wise, but hopefully I may have a different perspective, which may or maynot be a help.

So...crazylightlady, do run your own harware or is it store bought?

And sure, you are welcome here.

FireGod said:

Does starting with bare D-Light boards count? If so, I've built 36 8 channel boards and 4 16 channel boards over the course of the past two years. One of which is now in the hands of someone in FL. I also have 8 16 channel DC boards, (those are only available populated), to run my MR-16 spots and maybe a few custom LED strands I'm working on. I've also hacked a fiber-optic tree from Lowes, replacing the white LEDs with tri-colored LEDs that Greg Bartlett created an interface for so I could control it with LOR and D-Light DC boards. Oh, and I built the very first ever animated LED wireframe that I gave away at PLUS. 16 Channels and no-one thought of taking any video of it. I didn't even take pictures while I was working on it :oops:

I've been decorating for a couple of decades at least, and 2007 will be my 5th year of animation. Since my channel count has gone way beyond what the current protocols can handle, at the speed I want them to respond, I'm very seriously looking at different options.

Welcome CrazyLightLady!!!!

I have driven to Allen many times as my daughter plays soccer so we are in many tournaments in Texas. We will be traveling down there during Thanksgiving for a big one. Maybe we can stop by there on the way home to see some lights.

Tony

crazylightlady said:
FireGod said:

Does starting with bare D-Light boards count? If so, I've built 36 8 channel boards and 4 16 channel boards over the course of the past two years. One of which is now in the hands of someone in FL. I also have 8 16 channel DC boards, (those are only available populated), to run my MR-16 spots and maybe a few custom LED strands I'm working on. I've also hacked a fiber-optic tree from Lowes, replacing the white LEDs with tri-colored LEDs that Greg Bartlett created an interface for so I could control it with LOR and D-Light DC boards. Oh, and I built the very first ever animated LED wireframe that I gave away at PLUS. 16 Channels and no-one thought of taking any video of it. I didn't even take pictures while I was working on it :oops:

I've been decorating for a couple of decades at least, and 2007 will be my 5th year of animation. Since my channel count has gone way beyond what the current protocols can handle, at the speed I want them to respond, I'm very seriously looking at different options.

Hi CrazyLightLady,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Florida mini. I would wonder when you have time to build when traveling but I've seen the bag pf goodies you bring along. Hope you have fun with the Oklahoma gang.

Shawn

teberle said:
Welcome CrazyLightLady!!!!

I have driven to Allen many times as my daughter plays soccer so we are in many tournaments in Texas. We will be traveling down there during Thanksgiving for a big one. Maybe we can stop by there on the way home to see some lights.

Tony

This Halloween will be the last display here in Allen, I'm moving my Christmas display to Bonham this year. I'll still have the Nascar display at TMS this Nov and everyone is more than welcome to stop by.

Annalisa

I wnat to throw my name in the Oklahoma group. I'm in the big-city of Muskogee. I've been doing animation for a decade using all handmade stuff - very old by today's standards - and have been out of the loop for a few years. I've got the bug again and am ramping up for the 2008 season. I look forward to sharing ideas.

Gene

Back