It wants to be 2.5 when it grows up

I don't know of any commercial software that will let me create my own custom trigger plug-ins. I also am not aware of any other software that has a powerful scripting language like Vixen does. Vixen has both these for free! I have finally been able to replace my 2 old Commodore computers that were running a couple of my displays for the last 15-20 years or so. KC, Thanks thanks for a great product and support!

I have finally been able to replace my 2 old Commodore computers that were running a couple of my displays for the last 15-20 years or so.!

You gotta post pics of that! (in a different thread) - love the nostalgic stuff! (used to have a VIC-20 and C-64 back in the day...).

I have determined that 2.5.0.8 works just fine, UNLESS, I enable "cross-fade time" between sequences. If I set cross-fade time to anything greater than 0, then I get a "COM/Router" error after the first sequence.

Other than that, there are a few minor hiccups, but all in all, I am very pleased with the results. Thanx KC for an awesome program!

I have determined that 2.5.0.8 works just fine, UNLESS, I enable "cross-fade time" between sequences. If I set cross-fade time to anything greater than 0, then I get a "COM/Router" error after the first sequence.

I believe that this has been a known issue with all versions of Vixen, not just 2.5.0.8. It's the same COM error that you get if you try to start a "Night Time" program before the "Show" program has ended.

I agree though. I haven't had any problems with 2.5.0.8 running my show.
It's been on for 3.5 weeks and I haven't had to start or reboot my computer once.

I guess I'll be the first to chime in and shout
Happy New Year everyone and especially to you KC!!!

Our show has run every night since Thanksgiving weekend. Running 14 XMUX boards (thak you Dave!) on a Dell GX270 2.4 Ghz 2 GB Ram machine. I did have a com port problem but that was because of an older driver for the prolific USB - RS485 converter. Gosh driver updates are hard to find - I found it with paretologic's DriverCure. Also a couple of ground faults after some terrential rain storms this year. Still runnning!! Thinking of shutting the show down next weekend. When is everyone else shutting down? KC, in keeping with the thread, you mentioned that you were going to do a complete rewrite (release 3.0 I think you said). Do you have a schedule in mind? I assume all the sequencing written for 2.x will somehow be available to 3.x - correct? Any glimpses of functional upgrades?
Thanks again. My neighborhood and some very special children thank you as well.
Warm Regards,
Mike and Marianne

Happy New Year KC

I'm re-working the installer in C# to make it more in tune with Vixen.
I realized I never sent you the most recent .CHM, I'll do that when I find it again.. I think its on the old HD along with all of Lou's news letter submissions!

Lets Blame it all on Windows!

Can't wait for Vixen 3.0!

Happy New Year KC!

While I've had to nudge Vixen 2.5.0.8 occasionally, it's run my actual show flawlessly!

I'm ready to start testing 3.0 whenever there's anything available. Here's to the most robust version of Vixen yet.

Happy New Year! and CHEERS to the best version yet to come! We've got 11.5 months to blast it apart (however KC's made it so who says it'll be "blast-able")

Can't wait to see what's in store this season!

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this thread.

Just wanted to drop in here and say that I have Vixen 2.5.0.8 running in Wine in Ubuntu Linux. The only thing I've done so far is open the 'About' box from the menus, so 'running' may be a slight exaggeration.

One thing... to make it easier for us Wine users (would that be Winos??? ;)), could you produce an installer (e.g. Vixensetup.exe)? I know that some development environments (e.g. MS Dev Studio) can generate these automatically. Somehow, Wine uses this to figure out what libraries and DLLs and so on Vixen needs.

Now, I need to figure out how to work Vixen :rolleyes:

Frank

Back