Large increase in Facebook Likes this week

hasoon

Has anyone else seen a large increase in your facebook likes this week? I've had my facebook page for 3 years now and my likes went from 128 to 180 this week. While I am flattered none of the likes are from people close to my house, they're all in other states or other countries which makes me wonder where all this traffic coming from. I have not even posted any 2014 videos or done anything else to market myself.

The only thing that changed is I let my GoDaddy Hosting expire and redirected my domain to my facebook page. But I never thought I had any traffic on my webpage and it always had a facebook like link so I can't imagine that had anything to do with it.

Wow - I was going to ask the same thing! I also recently put a "Like us" link on my GoDaddy hosted web page and started seeing tons of likes now. I think I got around 50 over the past week or so...

Hi guys my name is Simon and I live in the UK
Your increased likes on Facebook could be from people like myself, I have not been into christmas very much but i do love Halloween but I have noticed a dramatic increase this Xmas in the amount of lights being put up this year, nothing compared to what we see in your country but for us Brits its a giant leap from what we are used to.
After searching youtube and Facebook watching your videos which are amazing by the way, I hit the like button on everyone I watch, the problem I have is getting the hardware like renard is just not available in this country
I browse this fantastic site to be inspired and inspired I am every time
So please keep doing what you do so well and we Brits will keep hitting the like button
Many thanks
qubie

I have had the same thing. I thought it was odd too. I have had likes from many people out of my general geographical area too.

Wow just realised that was my 1st post I'm impressed with myself can only go up from now on

Simon, welcome to DIYC!

Sometimes, you will get likes on your page, which may be bots. They will just like your page, then weeks from now, make a spam post or comment. There's no real way to tell who is real and who isn't until they do that. Its just an annoying thing you then have to go in and block/report them.

Here is my like report:

attachment.php

If I had a page with 100,000 likes, this would be a blip but this makes up nearly half my like count in total... just weird. I've looked at who is liking it and a few seem legit but most are from all over the place. One thing I've noticed is that many have nothing but FB game posts on their pages - kind of a qwinky-dink to me...

Attachments

• fblikes.png
    fblikes.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 243
First, Welcome Simon! I really hope you are right that lots of people are just getting into the holiday decorating spirit. (Unfortunately I do not think that is the case)

Thanks for all the replies, so the consensus is this is a weird phenomenon, and I am not the only one. Since I posted the OP this morning I have had another 13 likes so no things are not slowing down for me yet. I have looked threw several of the people and they do appear to be real, not bot accounts (old accounts with extensive posts, family trees, pictures...). I guess it could still be possible that they were hacked and they have a bot liking things on their behalf.

I don't think we should do it publicly so does anyone with this phenomenon want to private message me say the last 5 people who liked your facebook page? I can cross reference and see if they match my likes.

Hopefully there is really nothing strange going on, Simon is right, and there is just a bunch of new interest in our hobby.

214 this morning!

Well out of a list of 11 budude and I have 5 in common. And they were grouped together and in order in a group of 3 and 2. Hmmmmmmmm

I am starting to see this also. Nearly 75 likes in the past two weeks.

All geographically spread out across the world and all appear to be real people. When, I go to their page, they make no comment/share/link about having ever visited my page. Some of the people have 750 or more other friends.

Ed

Unfortunately googling around for this only sends me to pages on how to get MORE likes...Something ain't right...

I'm seeing a similar trend. But to a lesser degree. I think it was a 35 like increase in the 1st week of January. And it represented about 35% of my total likes. And the peak of my page's new activity was on the 7th. It's been going down since. I have checked out most of the new likes and most are legit. I could tell that many of them were fellow blinkies. Most were users in the US but from all over the country. Two were local names that I recognized from this forum.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the madness is over. I only had one like yesterday (at 1am) and then I went down by one today. So my total went from 129 to 285 in just 7 days. I'm trying to decide if I should make a post to see it that prompts a bunch of un-likes from people who wonder "Where did that come from"

I've had 18 new likes in the past 24 hours. While I didn't look at any of the pages of the new likes yet, Facebook stats say the likes came from outside of my page. I don't have a "like us" button outside of Facebook on the web, so I'm suspicious of these new likes.

Mine stopped also, I have had more likes in the last 15 days then I did the whole Christmas season. I did make one post a couple of days ago, but didn't get any unlikes, which I thought was weird. One thing I noticed, the majority of the likes appear to come from people who are pretty heavy into playing Facebook based games...

Well the madness is over. I only had one like yesterday (at 1am) and then I went down by one today. So my total went from 129 to 285 in just 7 days. I'm trying to decide if I should make a post to see it that prompts a bunch of un-likes from people who wonder "Where did that come from"

I started the week after Christmas with 65 likes over two years. Once the craziness stopped my page is now at 200 likes. I think most were Facebook generated. I messaged at least four random likes with no response back at all.

Back