Minnesnowda

Was looking forward to the May luncheon, but am now unable to attend. My back has gone out and all I can do right now is sit in a chair and try to breathe.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend in June....

Sorry, guys...

Was looking forward to the May luncheon, but am now unable to attend. My back has gone out and all I can do right now is sit in a chair and try to breathe.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend in June....

Sorry, guys...

You must get on your belly to alleviate the back . Either on the floor/carpet or on your bed etc.
Sitting is the worst thing for your back.
Face down ,chin out and arms straight from your sides then lift one foot at a time .
Best of luck .

Dealt with back issues most of me life ,comes with being over 6 ft.

Thanks for the tip, but 74-year old degenerated and partial disks often behave differently and worse -- unexpectedly. Throw in some arthritis and add the effects of prior surgeries and it gets even more interesting... or not, as the case may be!

I really shouldn't recommend drugs.... but they've always worked for me...

Boy. Getting older seems like so much fun! I can?t wait! Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things I kinda wish my dad had told me about and I didn't know to ask. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Nattokinase and Cardamon , avoid drugs .
Walking is great too!

Essentially, those are drugs, too -- just "natural" formulations of them. And walking is great -- unless you can't stand up from the pain...

Boy. Getting older seems like so much fun! I can?t wait! Hahaha!

It's an exciting part of one's life -- full of new experiences.

The things I kinda wish my dad had told me about and I didn't know to ask. [emoji23]

Parents don't want to complain to their kids. Not trying to shield them from information, but they don't want to sound like they're complaining. When parents DO talk about it, it can be a pretty depressing conversation. In my case, I had played lots of sports but after high school, I settled on golf. I qualified for and played on the PGA Tour for 3-1/2 years and I can't begin to calculate the number of golf balls I've hit in my life in practice and play -- must be a few million anyway. That takes a toll on your spine, hips, knees and ankles that's not common to a person's normal, daily life. At the time, I knew it would create issues later in life but there was no way to know what that fully meant. Playing golf professionally on the highest, most competitive level in the world was quite a rare opportunity. If I had a chance to do it again, would I? Yes, I most certainly would, although I'd practice even harder.

Sorry guys, not going to make the June luncheon either. Still flat on my back even after a spinal injection that's supposed to help.

Hang in there Dave.

For inspiration:
I came back from Alaska last week not being able to walk due to extreme knee and leg pain. Nothing new, as I've been on supports (crutches, cane, walker, braces - it varies) for the past 9 years.
Last Monday I was given a shot into the worst of the legs and within a couple of hours I was able to walk without ANY support. It is wonderful being back to "almost human", so I am grateful for anything I am given. Not sure how long this is going to last, but this is the first time for years!!!!!!!! Even if it wears off, it is a start in the right direction!

The "right stuff" is out there, they just have to match it to your situation.

Sorry to hear about your back Dave. I fought a small rotator cuff tear for over 10 months. Docs wouldn't do anything until I went thru PT, which only aggravated it. Finally got an X-Ray and MRI, and finally was given a shot. Felt better right away. Hoping for the best for you! Yep, getting old sucks......:biggrin2:

Well, here we are, July. I won't make the July luncheon as I'll only be 7 days out of what apparently is some pretty extensive surgery. For those who understand these terms, I'm having a "Nerve root decompression L4-L5, Decompression Lateral Recess L3-L5 Right, Decompression Foraminotomy L4-S1 Right, Discectomy L4-L5 Right." The short of it is that this is supposed to help. They don't mention anything about power injection, voltage anomalies, wire gauge, sequencing intervals, AC or DC or FPP. For that I'm apparently on my own...

Wish me luck... Hope to see you all at the August meeting although it's the day before a granddaughter's birthday and Mrs. Dirk may have other plans.... we'll see...

Any surgery on your spine is always serious. Unfortunately, they can't just reprogram a chip.

My thoughts will be with you, my friend.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

TA-DAAAAA!!! Looks like I'll be able to attend the August luncheon!!! I'm sure that's a downer for some of you....

BUT....See you there anyway!!! Same time as always!!!

Back