Of course... :pinch:

The Ren SS boms still lists the obsolete triac:

Mouser #: 511-BTA04-700T
Mfr. #: BTA04-700TRG
Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
Desc.: Triacs 4 Amp 700 Volt
RoHS: RoHS Compliant

Lifecycle: Obsolete

Guess we need to find out about the "new" part that is more expensive...

Well I knew this was happening about six months ago via a phone call to a local STM Rep. Then the EOL showed up on Mouser just a few weeks ago. However, I have confirmed with Mouser that they will not be ordering any more.

We will update all the BOMs as soon as we have some verifiable info in hand.

Of course... :pinch:

The Ren SS boms still lists the obsolete triac:

Mouser #: 511-BTA04-700T
Mfr. #: BTA04-700TRG
Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
Desc.: Triacs 4 Amp 700 Volt
RoHS: RoHS Compliant

Lifecycle: Obsolete

Guess we need to find out about the "new" part that is more expensive...

I happen to have 2 different sets of triacs due here in a day or two to assemble on boards for testing.

Hi:

Does anyone has the BOM of the Ren-W as a Transmitter and the one as a receiver, I saw the BOM for the whole Ren-W on the Wiki page, I also saw the pictures of the Rem-W as a Receiver & as a Tranmitter but I did not see the BOM for them

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

I happen to have 2 different sets of triacs due here in a day or two to assemble on boards for testing.

I have confirmation from ST Micro's tech support....

The best replacement is BTA06-600TRG. This is a 600V Triac but I don't know of any application that goes above that so we should be okay.

The best replacement is BTA06-600TRG. This is a 600V Triac but I don't know of any application that goes above that so we should be okay.

The pricing on that is kinda funny, Its almost half the cost at low quantities vs the BTA04-700TRG, and only $0.03 more at 2k.

Folks,

For what it's worth.
I use all ON Semi Triacs in my controllers.
This is an American company with great service.

I run Renards with PWM firmware and have had no problems dimming my LEDs with the 35 or 50 gate value triacs.
I use these today:
BTA08-35MA
BTA08-50MA
They offer one 10ma gated triac: BTA16-10MA

I believe you will find the pricing similar to ST's.

Remember, it's just like a resistor, you can always substitue a triac in the same family(BTA) with a higher amp rated unit from my experience.

Last edited:
Marcos

There are a couple of different versions of the PCB. Are you looking to only 1/2 populate boards you already have?
If you don't have the boards yet, then I think you would only be looking at the REV-6 boards, which are pretty much
the same (parts wise) regardless of whether you are transmitting, versus receiving. I'm sure Dirknerkle will jump in
soon to set us all straight.

Hi:

Does anyone has the BOM of the Ren-W as a Transmitter and the one as a receiver, I saw the BOM for the whole Ren-W on the Wiki page, I also saw the pictures of the Rem-W as a Receiver & as a Tranmitter but I did not see the BOM for them

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

Man, I don't think that one will drive my flux capacitor...

I am doing something different. ;)

Thank you so much for updating the BOM's! That takes the guesswork out of it for many of us.
Are you also updating them in the wiki as well?

Does anybody have a substitution for 782-H11AA1 Optocoupler, Bi-Directional Input ? There is none listed on the substitution page and mouser is on backorder.

Future Electronics has them - probably from a second supplier. And Future usually does flat rate shipping - $9.99 for just about any quantity.

It appears that these are in short supply from many of the distributors....You can get them from DigiKey, but at over a $1 each, it's 5x the price at some other places.

If you're ordering from Mouser anyway, either of these should work (depending on the quantity, one or the other is cheaper):

512-H11AA1M

512-H11AA1VM

The one with the "V" is is the same part with VDE 0884 safety approval, sorta like ordering one with the UL label on it.

I think I will give them a shot. I would just hate to order everything from Mouser and have to order that one part from somewhere else and get nailed for the shipping.

Is there any reason the REN 64 BOM here uses 1 watt 680 ohm resistors while the one in the wiki uses 1/8 watt resistors? The 1 watt ones don't fit as nicely on the board :p

Back