my train for this christmas

View attachment 28211View attachment 28212View attachment 28213 well the engine is painted and lights on front installed.. soon be time to start all the wiring inside the cab..
all cars are now painted. now to finish up the hitches between cars then install all rgb lights on the cars.
getting closer to being done.. thank goodness.. has been a big job. now can start installing windows on the inside. using plexiglass 1/16 inch thick.. one long piece on each side of passenger car.
after everything is ready will take the tracks outside and spray them with thomson weather proof deck sealer.. should protect all the wood and rails.
still have to build the covered bridge and snoops dog house yet, but that won't take long.
hope all like so far what i have done.
Well I think it looks freaking awesome!
It inspires me to think about something similar but on a smaller scale.
Great job so far, can't wait to see a video of it running.

im going to put a charging port on back of engine.. just plug in and it will charge battery's.. will have two in engine.. one runs the motor for the train.. the other will run all the lights.
still have alot of things to do but getting there.

im going to put a charging port on back of engine.. just plug in and it will charge battery's.. will have two in engine.. one runs the motor for the train.. the other will run all the lights.
still have alot of things to do but getting there.

Looks very nice. I was thinking of building a train for my side yard, but my skills don't allow it.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Looks very nice. I was thinking of building a train for my side yard, but my skills don't allow it.

How do you know if you don't try? Start with a small simple one. I made a table top model which uses a wiper motor for power. Just dive in and start a build. As you go along, things will come together.

thats what i did.. looked at other trains. then decided how i wanted mine.. no one had done a diesel engine.. now looking for small set of air horns for it. took today off from it to relax and let my brain take a break lol.

here is picture showing the vent side and lights in the front of the engine2015-04-15 11.13.22.jpg2015-04-15 11.07.08.jpg
had to layoff for couple of days to get some other work done.. will be back on it monday.
hope all enjoy so far.

2015-04-15 11.07.08.jpg2015-04-15 11.13.22.jpg for some reason did not post yesterday.. engine taking shape now.. lights installed in the front.
now have to make the railing that go around it and ladder that goes up to door. still lots of things to do.. time, time, time..
never enough time in a day.

have started wiring everything.. will post some pictures as soon as i get the engine wired then will show cars also.. Has been long project.. started in jan and here it is may.
hope to have it all done by june so i can start on light layout and sequencing for everything..
lots of channel this year..
train tracks will be lit with led's.. engine and cars all leds with remote controller.

Back