Nutcracker: List of new songs marked up for use in Projects

smeighan

I will use this sticky to keep you posted of new songs being added.

What this means is these are songs that i have gone through and marked up the music phrases. You now can find them in the pull down song list when you are creating a project.

Dates are when i actually finished marking up the file.

Wizards in Winter by TSO 9/1
Christmas Sarajevo by TSO 9/15
Mad Russian Christmas by TSO 9/15
Christmas Canon by TSO 11/27
Christmas Canon Rock by TSO 11/27
Do you hear what I hear? by Spiraling 12/2
Amazing Grace by Yule 12/2
Carol of The Bells by David Foster 12/2
Music Box Dancer by DJ Schwede 12/2
Carol of The Bells by Monique Danielle 12/3
All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey 12/3
House on Christmas Street by Judy Pancoast 12/3
Linus and Lucy (Peanuts Song) by Vince Guaraldi Trio 12/3

Thanks
sean

Last edited:
Re: Nutcracker: Two new songs added to project

Sean - I tried the Christmas Canon version and got the same problem as before with Sarajevo - it seems to ignore the majority of my phrases. I must be doing something wrong...

budude,

for the effects not working in the project, try going back to the effects builder and pick the model you use in the project, then pick an effect that did not work, then click submit to redo the effect.
go back to the project (remember to save) and see if it works this time.

I have had the same issue myself from time to time and the above step seems to fix it. I put it down to having run the effect previously on a different model than the one used in the project - but my guess is probably wrong.

prof

4 more songs marked up and added into the song library. These can be used when you create a project

Do you hear what I hear? by Spiraling
Amazing Grace by Yule
Carol of The Bells by David Foster
Music Box Dancer by DJ Schwede

We already have:

Wizards in Winter by TSO
Christmas Canon by TSO
Christmas Canon Rock by TSO
Christmas Sarajevo by TSO
Mad Russian Christmas by TSO

Last edited:

budude,

for the effects not working in the project, try going back to the effects builder and pick the model you use in the project, then pick an effect that did not work, then click submit to redo the effect.
go back to the project (remember to save) and see if it works this time.

I have had the same issue myself from time to time and the above step seems to fix it. I put it down to having run the effect previously on a different model than the one used in the project - but my guess is probably wrong.

prof

My process was to create all of the effects at one shot and then create the project so I knew I had all of the effects still fresh. I've been using the same model the entire time. I put in all the effects in reverse order in the project from what I had and re-saved and it ran through the entire setup. I'm at a bit of a loss on why it would work the second time around but if that's what it takes then I'll take it! Thanks for the tip.

I have marked up TSO's Christmas Canon and Christmas Canon rock.

They are now available if you want to use them when building a project.

thanks

I duplicated this with your account. I consider this a bug and am forwarding it on to Kurt. He wrote projects.

If there are already nc files present, they will be used. If you generate the effect (you get an animated gif), the new nc file is gerneated.

So prof's suggestion would work, you would go through and generate the missing effects. You should NOT have to do this. When i generate, i dont have to do this.

we will look into it.

Thanks Sean - actually I realized after I posted that it didn't work completely anyway. While all the files got pulled in OK, it never generated an output. The last entry was "Erasing gaps and joining effects" and that was it. Thinking perhaps I was being too impatient and that I had to wait longer, I tried it again and let it sit overnight but it was still at the same prompt - but my login session probably timed out anyway...

Thanks Sean - actually I realized after I posted that it didn't work completely anyway. While all the files got pulled in OK, it never generated an output. The last entry was "Erasing gaps and joining effects" and that was it. Thinking perhaps I was being too impatient and that I had to wait longer, I tried it again and let it sit overnight but it was still at the same prompt - but my login session probably timed out anyway...

i just created christmas canon under budude on my localhost. i made a lms file and i opened it in lor, it worked fine

are u using wamp or xampp?

i just created christmas canon under budude on my localhost. i made a lms file and i opened it in lor, it worked fine

are u using wamp or xampp?

This is on your site from my home computer - - I'll try again here at work. My local install is wamp but I haven't tried that again yet - wanted to see one complete operation on yours before trying my local setup.

This is on your site from my home computer - - I'll try again here at work. My local install is wamp but I haven't tried that again yet - wanted to see one complete operation on yours before trying my local setup.

I dont think people should do projects from meighan.net, only from local installs.

i may block project creation. The big reason, is disk consumption is now 2.5 gbytes/day. Meighan.net will shut down in 2 days id i dont do a purge again.

Also, I am using Xampp, not wamp. I used Wamp for the first few months, then switched to Xampp to test it out. I never went back. My point is , currently i only test with xampp on my local machine.

it should not matter.

I dont think people should do projects from meighan.net, only from local installs.

i may block project creation. The big reason, is disk consumption is now 2.5 gbytes/day. Meighan.net will shut down in 2 days id i dont do a purge again.

Also, I am using Xampp, not wamp. I used Wamp for the first few months, then switched to Xampp to test it out. I never went back. My point is , currently i only test with xampp on my local machine.

it should not matter.

Sean, just as a note, the bug reporting/fixing process might need to be rethought or changed if you disable project creation on your server. Brian's recent project bugs are proof. Whenever I see bug report posts, the first things I always see are "Where are they on the server?", "What's your username?", etc.

Sean, just as a note, the bug reporting/fixing process might need to be rethought or changed if you disable project creation on your server. Brian's recent project bugs are proof. Whenever I see bug report posts, the first things I always see are "Where are they on the server?", "What's your username?", etc.

people must still enter their project on meighan.net, otherwise i cant test it. i do an export of database into github and then do the project generation on a localhost.

if people create new effects or new projects on a localhost without also getting the data on meighan.net, i cant help.

the actual generation of a project generates alot of data.

what a person could do is make a small song, 3 or 4 phrases and use that to try and duplicate an issue. those smaller projects would not cause an issue on meighan.net

bottom line

always enter all project data on meighan.net
do project generations on localhost

thanks

people must still enter their project on meighan.net, otherwise i cant test it. i do an export of database into github and then do the project generation on a localhost.

if people create new effects or new projects on a localhost without also getting the data on meighan.net, i cant help.

the actual generation of a project generates alot of data.

what a person could do is make a small song, 3 or 4 phrases and use that to try and duplicate an issue. those smaller projects would not cause an issue on meighan.net

bottom line

always enter all project data on meighan.net
do project generations on localhost

thanks

How about a hybrid of this - - perhaps develop a flow/troubleshooting diagram and we can look on our own local installs to determine what went wrong. Also - perhaps we can turn on some debugs and capture enough info for you to determine the cause. This would help weed out the more obvious things. I don't mind debugging things - I do it all day at work but I need to know how it works and I don't know what really happens in the background of Nutcracker. This would allow you to build up the list of resident 'experts' and perhaps head off a lot of the other members questions and leave you more time for fixing the issues and/or adding new features.

I'm not expecting this tomorrow or anything obviously but it would be a good path to pursue IMHO.

I will look into installing Xaamp and getting a fresh copy of NC and see if anything improves.

How about a hybrid of this - - perhaps develop a flow/troubleshooting diagram and we can look on our own local installs to determine what went wrong. Also - perhaps we can turn on some debugs and capture enough info for you to determine the cause. This would help weed out the more obvious things. I don't mind debugging things - I do it all day at work but I need to know how it works and I don't know what really happens in the background of Nutcracker. This would allow you to build up the list of resident 'experts' and perhaps head off a lot of the other members questions and leave you more time for fixing the issues and/or adding new features.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Likely in the new year I will have time to give to nutcracker if wanted.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Likely in the new year I will have time to give to nutcracker if wanted.

next year i would like to see that people never need to get a new download.

as they edit changes on the local install, data would also be sent to the central database on meighan.net.

i would like that there is better error checking everywhere.

i will look into ways to give immediate feedback.

many things for 2013.

i will welcome anyones help.

you are creating a new project and you dont see the songs in the pull down list?

You did run install.php so it reloads the database?

they show up on my local install

lionking_tx is not a valid login to nutcracker. what is your login name, i will try it as you

Never mind.... already got it working - missed the re-creation of the DB, just unzipped the archive to the htdocs dir

Just a note that marked up songs on the old nutcracker website is not how i distribute them now.

when you download the latest xlights/nutcracker from http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/ and install it. You will now find a songs subdirectory with marked up songs.

on my Windows 8 machine, this is found in
C:\Program Files (x86)\xLights\songs

Back