Ray Wu & AliExpress

Newby

Is Ray Wu good to deal with? I thought that quite a few in the lighting hobby bought thru him. Saturday, I attempted to order almost 600.00 worth of lighting equipment from him (through AliExpress) and my bank denied the transaction. I called the bank and asked what the problem is and they told me that they would not transfer any money to that area of China because of the high incidents of fraud. If he's good to deal with, how do most pay him? His prices, even with shipping are very good.

Yes he is. Email him first. You’ll get better shipping rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can deal with him through email. That’s what I do. Never had an issue with him. And you can pay pal him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bank is also now blocking paypal transactions with China unless I make arrangements with the bank first... :(

-Craig

Last edited:
I just did an order last month for a couple thousand lights, power supplies and cord ends. Emailed him through the site got better shipping and used PayPal. Worked great.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is anybody getting delivery’s from China direct. I’m finding delivery is 60-75 days.
When ordering from Ray took a couple weeks, when I ordered through someone else, I have an order that I still have yet to receive. Estimated arrival June 3-23.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is anybody getting delivery’s from China direct. I’m finding delivery is 60-75 days.

Depends on the shipping method, obviously. I’ve been talking with Ray for the last week on an order that he’s shipping to me via freight forwarder rather than DHL, and he’s being told 30-ish days. That makes sense as the ships are on the water for around 3 weeks plus the time it takes to break down the containers at the freight forwarder’s warehouse, put it in a truck, and send it inland from Los Angeles. In the past I’ve budgeted 5-6 weeks for delivery for containers and forwarders from the date of shipping.

China post for small packages...who knows.

I ordered a pair of crimping pliers from Amazon on April 8. They were shipped from China. They just landed in Chicago yesterday. I don't know how much longer it will take for them to get to Nevada but as you can see it is taking well over 2 months. As a side note, I ordered lights and P10 panels from Ray and had them in my hands in 3 - 4 weeks.

I have to ask everyone here for a survey, anyone who's been having significant delays from China with shipping, and I'm talking like 2 months to receive an item, how many of you are in the US? When your placing your order, which shipping are you choosing? Or are you just going with whatever the initial listed shipping cost is on the item during checkout? I'm asking because I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada (I know! Really huge reveal based on my name). I've ordered 4 things from China on Ali express recently, and I got them roughly 1 week after they were listed as being shipped. None of those were through special rush or anything. It usually took them 2-5 days from order placed to actually listed as being shipped. This was from all different sellers as well. I'm wondering if one of the common threads here is country although that would seem weird. Maybe all the trade blockages and trade war stuff between the two is having an unknown to us effect?

For anyone who may not know this, NEVER just assume the price listed for shipping the item on aliexpress.com is the only choice or best price. If you click on the shipping price line, it will present you with usually at least 8 shipping options. Many have ridiculous prices for so called rush delivery that isn't really fast, but I've found the original listed shipping price will often not be the cheapest available and especially not the fastest. It may default to a choice that lists 30-60 days instead of 15-30 for either the same or barely much more. Unless you truly don't care when it shows up or if, I suggest staying away from ANY option that does not include tracking and also the options in the 31-60 day range or ones that go through standard China post without tracking, never. Usually you want the item more than you do a refund for a typically cheap or lower cost item (let's be honest, other than ray and a few, your only getting stuff from that site because of the often substantial cost savings) 70 days after you placed the order or more, only to have to reorder and wait all over again.

On another note, same question but about banking. Is anybody with that issue in US?

Last edited:
Is Ray Wu good to deal with? I thought that quite a few in the lighting hobby bought thru him. Saturday, I attempted to order almost 600.00 worth of lighting equipment from him (through AliExpress) and my bank denied the transaction. I called the bank and asked what the problem is and they told me that they would not transfer any money to that area of China because of the high incidents of fraud. If he's good to deal with, how do most pay him? His prices, even with shipping are very good.

I haven't had any problems with him.

My order from Ray arrived in under 3 weeks. He used FedEx express shipping.

I ordered from him this week and I received confirmation that they have shipped. I have order from him several times. I pay by PayPal to avoid the bank issues. My bank (Chase) too will reject credit card payments to China. I checked out RGB-Man and Wallyslights. they do not carry many of the things that Ray has (dumb RGB or example). So if you can deal with the limited inventory that these vendors may be the way to go.

Here's an update on my most recent order from Ray. I ordered RGB dumb lights on 9/14. On 9/18 received an email that order shipped destination Illinois, USA. On 9/22 I received notification from FedEx, it cleared customs in Memphis, TN and was scheduled for delivery to me on 9/28. This is the fastest I've every received an order from Ray. His new use of FedEx is great. Don't hesitate to order from him.

Back