Reindeer my 1st cut out

It was 5 and a half sheets of 3/4" 2 gallons of paint and misc hardware.

The sleigh requires 10 sheets of plywood which just isn't in the budgest this year :-(

Looks great, year 5 for mine, make sure you use guide wires, I tie the antlers on with rope, then I run two lines from the head to my trees, when it gets windy that thing can become the biggest deadliest kite in the world.

Attachments

• Rudolph (640x480).jpg
    Rudolph (640x480).jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 173
Looks great, year 5 for mine, make sure you use guide wires, I tie the antlers on with rope, then I run two lines from the head to my trees, when it gets windy that thing can become the biggest deadliest kite in the world.

I used two guy wires from the ears down put angle brackets on every joint. I also braced the back with 2x4's staked to the ground and screwed into the body. I also added an eye hook into the body and used some rope that is tied around a base of a tree. I hope it's enough! Do you have much twist in the head antler area when the wind picks up?

I used two guy wires from the ears down put angle brackets on every joint. I also braced the back with 2x4's staked to the ground and screwed into the body. I also added an eye hook into the body and used some rope that is tied around a base of a tree. I hope it's enough! Do you have much twist in the head antler area when the wind picks up?

Yes the first year I thought the head was going to fall right off, so i decided right then and there to tie some rope around the head and tie the big fella off, we can get some pretty nasty winds up here, ( I am sure you get them were you live also ) after we tied him down no more worries.

Back