Reindeer my 1st cut out

How many hours do you think you have into this build? Directions pretty easy to follow? How do you store this after the holidays?

Sorry for the questions, i have just been looking into doing this myself but wanted to make sure before i began.

How many hours do you think you have into this build? Directions pretty easy to follow? How do you store this after the holidays?

Sorry for the questions, i have just been looking into doing this myself but wanted to make sure before i began.

Took me a total of three days to cut everything, sand everything and paint everything. the first year I did not install lights on it, I did that in year two, took me a day to do that

Took me a total of three days to cut everything, sand everything and paint everything. the first year I did not install lights on it, I did that in year two, took me a day to do that

Thanks! How much $$ did you end up spending on the entire project?

Last edited:
Thanks! How much $$ did you end up spending on the entire project?

Good question I never tallied it up, my response to my wife is always the same when it comes to Christmas decorations, she asks how much I say not much, been working well for 10 years. plywood 3\4 inch 3 sheets it does not have to be G1S it can be spruce cost $ 70 bucks, paint don't cheap out on this I used Benjamin Moore Aura paint 75 bucks a gallon only need 1 gallon, lights 50 bucks, bolts 10 bucks, rope to tie down 10 bucks, ground stacks 10 bucks, these are Canadian prices so if buying in the states more than likley cheaper. hope that helps, don't forget your labor

Good question I never tallied it up, my response to my wife is always the same when it comes to Christmas decorations, she asks how much I say not much, been working well for 10 years. plywood 3\4 inch 3 sheets it does not have to be G1S it can be spruce cost $ 70 bucks, paint don't cheap out on this I used Benjamin Moore Aura paint 75 bucks a gallon only need 1 gallon, lights 50 bucks, bolts 10 bucks, rope to tie down 10 bucks, ground stacks 10 bucks, these are Canadian prices so if buying in the states more than likley cheaper. hope that helps, don't forget your labor

Thanks again! Only 3 sheets of plywood? Not bad at all...

I think I'll be taking this project on. My biggest concern is the wind. I'm in buffalo NY and our winters aren't exactly "calm"...

Also, the storage part. Are you able to take this all apart after Christmas to store away ?

Last edited:

I think I'll be taking this project on. My biggest concern is the wind. I'm in buffalo NY and our winters aren't exactly "calm"...

Also, the storage part. Are you able to take this all apart after Christmas to store away ?

i take mine apart and sore it in my garage, wind is wi;ld up this way make sure to tie it down with guide wires and I also tie the head to trees been alright for me

I used 3.5 sheets at 30 dollars a piece. 1 per pair of legs, 1 for the body, 1 for the antlers, and half a sheet for the hips. I used barn paint 15 bucks a gallon and have to repaint this year. I live on top of a valley so i didn't skimp on the aircraft cable probably another $40-50 bucks. I just used rope light i had laying around for the outline, a red flood light for the nose with the biggest cheapest plastic globe home depot had.

Thanks guys!

Got my 5 sheets of plywood and the Winfield kit arrived. I briefly looked it over but it doesn't look as easy as I thought it would be. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to trace and cut and where not to. So far, I've seen 3 separate lines, one solid and 2 different pattern dashed lines. I guess I'll look it over more tomorrow and get to work. Hoping to get it done by Sunday night.

Back