Renard as hook up help!!!!

Can anyone tell me can I use a a different cat version other than cat 5? Like cat 6,7 ect. But only use the 2 blue and orange lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, just to be 100%, can you post a pic of the other side the the wire? The cat 5 end, from the bottom(the side without the clip).

No, I want to see the side that plugs into the controller just to confirm its a normally wired cat 5 cable.

No, I want to see the side that plugs into the controller just to confirm its a normally wired cat 5 cable.

791141d6412c3b42dd3e73ef0930228f.jpg

Ok, that looks like a normal cat 5 cable. I assumed it would be, just wanted to be sure.

So, before moving forward, I would reboot the computer now that you changed the wiring. Make sure you leave the adapter plugged into the computer.

Ok, that looks like a normal cat 5 cable. I assumed it would be, just wanted to be sure.

So, before moving forward, I would reboot the computer now that you changed the wiring. Make sure you leave the adapter plugged into the computer.

Ok I?m doing that now..

Computer rebooted. Loaded vixen up. And I have no lights.

Hmmm.....

Well, at least now I'm confident that the wiring is right.
I don't use Vixen 3(I use Vixen 2), so I don't have the knowledge to check that out. I know Vixen 2 has a test channels feature, I'm not sure if Vixen 3 has that.
I'll have to read through the thread again(probably tomorrow) to see where we're at with all the other troubleshooting.

Did you say you had another board available? If so I would try that. I'm suspecting the same result but just in case.

It's a shame you're so far away from me. I'm sure if I looked at it we could figure it out.

Hmmm.....

Well, at least now I'm confident that the wiring is right.
I don't use Vixen 3(I use Vixen 2), so I don't have the knowledge to check that out. I know Vixen 2 has a test channels feature, I'm not sure if Vixen 3 has that.
I'll have to read through the thread again(probably tomorrow) to see where we're at with all the other troubleshooting.

Did you say you had another board available? If so I would try that. I'm suspecting the same result but just in case.

It's a shame you're so far away from me. I'm sure if I looked at it we could figure it out.

Oh wait? umm it helps to plug the cable in the board?.

Oh wait? umm it helps to plug the cable in the board?.

Just plugged the cable back in? and it works!!! [emoji2]

It was unplugged when I took a picture of the cable.

Just plugged the cable back in? and it works!!! [emoji2]

It was unplugged when I took a picture of the cable.

Yay!!!! Thanks for your patience. Troubleshooting via message board is frustrating because of how slow it goes.

What was the last change you made to get it to work?

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Yay!!!! Thanks for your patience. Troubleshooting via message board is frustrating because of how slow it goes.

The wiring of the RS485 adapter was wrong. Once that was fixed(and plugged in....ha) it worked.

Congrats on getting it running....I love this hobby however sometimes those gremlins or (Dirks Engineers) get in the works and makes it quite the trouble shooting experience. Case in point, I worked on a pixel issue for 3 days this week before finally finding the issue.

Have fun with the blinky flashy.

Re did the wiring on the USB dongle? the funny thing is if you look back, I redid the wiring because I was told it was wrong. And now it?s back to where it was here to find out it was correct. But even when it was correct, in the beginning, it still didn?t work. So somewhere between the start of this and yesterday it worked. Maybe the old usb was bad??

Thanks for your help

Sweet. Glad you're up and running. Once you're set, are you going to post a video of your show to General -> Showing Off? It's mostly pixel dudes, so I like to see the AC shows pop up every now and then.

I'll be posting after the leaves finally fall off the tree. Stupid warm climate.

Back