Running a Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controller with Vixen

I have been doing the light displays for 3 years now with the REN's, Grinch's, etc and a buddy of mine has got the "bug" now. He found a Light-O-Rama CTB16PC Controller at a flea market cheap that he wants to use to get started. He lives in a small conservative subdivision so he only wants to do fade between colors and other simple, slow lighting effects. He only got the controller in the enclosure and the guy gave his name and phone number promising the "cable and software" when he found them. And yes, surprisingly the guy had trouble finding them, and seems to be having phone trouble as well now??. I am sure there a way to do this as I found a few posts about it before the new forum software was put up, but now the search is not working so I can not find the posts again. I remember reading that I needed a special plug-in and a dongle. Where can I get more details and where can I get them? I have no problem with DIY hardware (in fact I find it more fun) if I can go that route.

Hi, if I were you I would rather go to some official sites instead of local markets. If you ask me I would recommend you to visit some Light-O-Rama sites. Hope this solves your problems.

when you say plug in are you referring to the usb to cat 5/6 converter? is it a simple plug and play or is something else needed.

Back