Save DIYC donation drive

ctmal

Supporting Member
I’d like to start a “Save DIYC donation drive”.

As stated in this post: https://doityourselfchristmas.com/f...pporting-member-subscription.2346/post-355535
The fund pool for DIYC is getting low. I, for 1, don’t want to lose DIYC. Without it, I wouldn’t have my yearly Christmas Display, I would have missed out on everything I’ve learned about electronics through the years and most importantly, I’d miss out the people I’ve met on this site through the years.

How do I support to site?

The best way to support the site is to become a supporting member. To become a supporting member, click on your username at the top right, click on Account Upgrades and click on the support membership that you would like to purchase. You can also view your current support status and expiration date from there.

If you can’t pay by paypal, send a message to Macrosil, he said he can also accept check or money order through USPS.

How much do we need?

The monthly cost for hosting DIYC is $170 per month. That’s $2040 per year. I’m sure there’s additional expenses above and beyond that. So, at $20 for a yearly subsciption, that means we need a total of 102 members. That number doesn’t seem very high to me (let me know if I messed up my math).

I know its easy to run into rough times (I’ve been there) or simply forget to get a membership (I’ve been guilty of that in the past) and I am absolutely not asking anyone to help if they can’t afford it but for the rest of us who have been helped by this site and the members here, I’m asking for your support.

Additional Donations

Additional Donations can be sent via paypal at admin@doityourselfchristmas.com .

Post your support

I think everyone should be proud of supporting the site. Since this came as a surprise I haven’t thought of anything special to do or gifts to give in support(like Public Broadcasting stations do during their drives) but I think it would be cool if everyone who becomes a supporting member since they’ve heard the about the issue or gave additional support post in this thread that you’ve become a member or that you’ve donated extra. Obviously there no need to post your contributions but I think its important that people are recognized for contributing.

Those are my only thoughts for now.

Redid my subscription yesterday Brian. Can't let the site go away. I have learned SOOOOO much form the guys on here when I first started.

Donation sent and a challenge!

10 bucks for every year you have gained insight, knowledge, and respect for the members here at DIYC

Chris, I'm very glad you posted this. I commented to Steve and Macrosill that we needed something extra to make it easy for members to upgrade or donate. Thank you for taking it up.
And, yes, I also upgraded my membership. And, knowing the donation info, I'll toss something into that pot as well!
This site and the other one are absolutely crucial. I, as many here, have learned so much from all of you.

Chris, I'm very glad you posted this. I commented to Steve and Macrosill that we needed something extra to make it easy for members to upgrade or donate. Thank you for taking it up.
And, yes, I also upgraded my membership. And, knowing the donation info, I'll toss something into that pot as well!
This site and the other one are absolutely crucial. I, as many here, have learned so much from all of you.
I'm just glad you saw it and are able to help out. Thank you.

I am a supporting member aand have been one for a long time. Where else could I potificate about "where goes data, so goes v-" and "Get that data off the WiFi network" (had to do it Phil) :)

Back